PDA

View Full Version : Rendering problem

Dick Nelson
05-21-2003, 03:57 PM
I'm brand new to LightWave and have just succeeded in making a simple animation. I rendered and save it as an RTV file. It all worked fine, except that the finished file is... how should I put this?... offset to the left by about one-sixteenth of the screen width. The right one-sixteenth of the screen shows the left side of the frame. I hope this makes sense and that someone can tell me why this might have happened. I have rendered and saved the scene twice with the same results.

Dick Nelson
05-28-2003, 08:10 PM
Apparently this problem has everybody baffled, since no one has posted a reply.

I have discovered that if I render and save the scene as an AVI file there is no problem. Just with RTV.

michaelsoft
05-28-2003, 09:54 PM
I had an identical problem with this a while back exporting AVIs uncompressed so I could load them into combustion to do post work. Apparently the problem was with the AVI being 2.0 compliant while combustion could only load 1.0 or something. whether or not it will help you, i'm not sure, but it's maybe a little more information someone else can build on for an eventual answer

Dick Nelson
05-29-2003, 09:09 AM
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, my problem is just the opposite of yours--more-or-less--because the AVI rendered fine. It was the RTV render that was screwed up. However, as you say, maybe your info will give someone a clue as to the problem.

Matt
05-29-2003, 09:18 AM
I'd use a different file format!