PDA

View Full Version : Please read Chuck!!! Implement david ikeda's plugins in 8

Ramon
05-21-2003, 03:48 PM
This guy has some great plugins!!! Unfortunately, they were made for the PC only. Newtek, workout a deal with him to get his Supershift in 8.0

http://www.davidikeda.com/ditools/supershift.html

NOTE: Unlike smooth shift- (Supershift) an average normal shifting algorithm is provided to shift groups of polys along their average normals rather than along a local normal. I find that shifting along an average normal is often easier to control, as it doesn't deflate/inflate the selection as it grows inward/outward.

I always wished for something like this!! Unfortunately, now that someone has come out with it, it's only for Windows. My luck. Newtek, you have got to get this feature into LW! Mac user will then be able to appreciate it too.

Thanks,
Ramon

cavalos
05-21-2003, 06:09 PM
Well in first place in order to have those plugins NT and this guy have to come to a kind of agreement or something else.

Best
Christian

Ramon
05-21-2003, 06:20 PM
That's right Christian. I hope they can come to an agreement that will allow Newtek to feature it in the next version of LW. That Supershift is the way smoothshift should have been.
Take care,
Ramon

Psyhke
05-21-2003, 06:49 PM
I don't think you could patent something like supershift-- it's a basic idea -- NT could program something like this and many other tools by themselves, I would think.