PDA

View Full Version : error: no uv map selected, image creation failed....

keith23
05-21-2003, 02:10 PM
I have an object that every time I render it, I get this message. The trouble is, none of the surfaces have any textures or uv maps applied. This object once was part of a larger object that did have some uvs, but I went through every surface and checked to make sure there were no textures or uvs associated with the current surfaces.

And why do old surfaces still appear in Surface editor? Some of these surfaces were on the original object, but are not on the current object. I've read on the forum that unused surfaces will go away once the object is reloaded, but this doesn't seem to be the case here. I suspect one of these surfaces is giving the error message. Any suggestions out there?:confused:

keith23
05-21-2003, 08:03 PM
Ok, well, for what it's worth, I figured it out, more or less. None of my surfaces had any textures or uvs, so I singled out every one and rendered it until I found the one responsible for the error message. I then gave it a new surface name, and no more problem. I still don't understand why it caused the error since no textures, I guess it was one of the old surfaces, and blah, blah, but at least I found it and fixed it. And now I am happy once again.:D