PDA

View Full Version : Newtek FTP

fourd
05-21-2003, 12:44 PM
Alright trying to download the help files has been ridiculous. I've been trying to download since it's release and I can't get into the server.
Here at work I have no problem using the online help file, but at home on my 24k dial up it's virtually useless to me. So if I could download it at work and take it home that would be great.

And Newtek, why oh why don't you provide these huge updates on CD? Not everyone has access to cable/dsl.

So, could one of you nice fellow LW'rs provide a download for me to get these files please? It'll only take me about 10-15 minutes to download.

Aegis
05-23-2003, 04:47 AM
Here's the ftp link for the Intel Help System: ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/Patches/LightWave_Windows/lw75c/LWHelpFile_Intel.zip - couldn't find a link for the Mac one...

ChrisS
05-23-2003, 06:58 AM
As an aside; Am I the only one who can't access Newtek's FTP server?

fourd
05-23-2003, 08:37 AM
No I've been trying since the release and still can't get in.

THIS SUCKS.

Aegis
05-23-2003, 02:06 PM
I suspect this may be a problem with your ISP rather than NewTek's FTP server.

fourd
05-27-2003, 12:06 PM
Well, I would agree with you, but I can log into all my personal ftp's and go to any website I want, so I doubt, my ISP is blocking just Newteks FTP, but I can ask them:D

ChrisS
05-27-2003, 12:42 PM
Same here. I can go to other FTP sites, but Newtek's gives me a "HTTP 502 Proxy Error - The User Name Was Not Allowed"

:confused:

Edited to add:

Hmmm... Ok, so other folks are obviously getting in then, right?

Fourd, you wouldn't happen to be running Windows 2000 too, would you? According to Microsoft's website, this might be corrected with a service pack install, though they don't say if the fix is for the server or the client. Since others are getting in, and I wonder (doubt) if NT is using 2000 on their servers, it may be the client end.

korn_kid
05-27-2003, 06:42 PM
I have an FTP SERVER which your welcome to use.
I just uploaded the LW help file ( LWHelpFile_Intel.zip) into it.
you can try it , the address is : ftp://[email protected]/LWHelpFile_Intel.zip

The LW Help File is for PC, if u wanted the MAC version just let me know and I'll Uploaded it.

LWHelpFile_Intel.zip is 83.6MB in size.

NOTES : If u get an FTP ERROR that say's "...The operation Time out." It means that im temporarly offline you should check back later.
I'm ussualy online between 3:20-7:00pm(pacific)(weekdays)

HOPE THIS HELPS...

fourd
05-28-2003, 09:36 AM
ChrisS- Yes I am using Win2000, but a Corporate version, so I can't install SP's.

Korn_Kid - Thanks! I'll try to get it tonight from you. Thank you thank you!:D

ChrisS
05-28-2003, 09:59 AM
Very cool of you korn_kid!

fourd
05-29-2003, 09:23 AM
korn_kid - Just wanted to thank you. I downloaded the Help file yesterday night. I really appreciate it. It is people like you who MAKE the LIghtwave community what it is, great. :D

Thanks again.
Donald

korn_kid
05-29-2003, 06:59 PM
korn_kid - Just wanted to thank you. I downloaded the Help file yesterday night. I really appreciate it. It is people like you who MAKE the LIghtwave community what it is, great.

Thanks again.
Donald

Your very welcome.
Im happy I could help, after all we are a community.

jmc522
05-31-2003, 05:41 PM
It looks like someone solved your problem.

This is also a way to see if I know what I'm doing regarding replying to a message I read.

ChrisS
06-02-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by jmc522
It looks like someone solved your problem.

Well, yes and no.
Software updates are still unavailable. I installed the 2000 service pack but that didn't do it. Tried a different computer here and still no dice. It's apparently at my end because nobody else seems to have this problem.
I just can't figure out why I can get into every ftp site I try, except for Newtek's.