PDA

View Full Version : Turtle 3, now, call me stupid, but...

Red_Oddity
03-24-2006, 02:48 AM
Getting my Gamasutra newsletter in the inbox this morning, i noticed a quote from an article, which kind of made me wonder.

The quote is (from the Turtle website apparently (http://www.illuminatelabs.com))

A Brand New Turtle

“The fact that you can use all the rendering power and functionality in the baking and combine it with things like PTMs makes Turtle 3 truly a one of a kind tool for next-gen development”.
Jason Smith, CG Supervisor, Burnout, Electronic Arts

By integrating the baking functions into the core of Turtle, we can now treat standard rendering and baking in the same way. For you, this means a better workflow while baking and the ability to bake with all of Turtle’s render features.

Now, call me stupid, but... isn't this what LW9 does aswell (i'm asking, in trying not to break the NDA for the beta)

This makes me wonder why i always see articles concerning other software, but which does things that LW does out of the box?

I'm not trying to start the usual 'Newtek marketing should get of it's ***' thread, i was just wondering why i don't see the articles more often like so:

A Brand New Lightwave

“The fact that you can use all the rendering power and functionality in the baking and combine it with things like PTMs makes Lightwave 9 truly a one of a kind tool for next-gen development”.
Jason Smith, CG Supervisor, Burnout, Electronic Arts

By integrating the baking functions into the core of Lightwave 9, we can now treat standard rendering and baking in the same way. For you, this means a better workflow while baking and the ability to bake with all of Lightwave’s render features.

incidently, wasn't Burnout done with Lightwave?

Qslugs
03-31-2006, 12:21 PM
I was looking at that as well. I think the product also has some sort of realtime components. Not sure if its as redundant as you imagine.

Red_Oddity
04-01-2006, 07:24 AM
Possibly, but i was just in a bitching mood :p