PDA

View Full Version : Help me buy the best please

DiedonD
03-24-2006, 01:53 AM
Hi Im going to buy a new computer these days, after I realized that laptops suck at GD. I know some would disagree, but Ive decided, it will be a desktop.

Now I have recomandations for NVIDIA7800 GTX with 512 , but the customer care on their departement, himself oriented me to rethink the issue and buy a Quadro instead. I mean he sells he must know. But all I need is the best graphic card and motherboard for LW64.

So what can you recomend before I buy, since I heard that Quadro has some difficulties in texturing, even though its well known that it renders polygons faster.

Please be specific:

Graphic Card with best support for OGL for LW64?
Best motherboard that supports that Graphic Card?

"Tha" 50% in advance, the next 50% ("nks")after response.

Just kidding, THANKS ALOT :)

toonafish
03-24-2006, 06:47 AM
donno about the motherboard but I have a Laptop with a Geforce Go 7800 GTX and its faster then the Quadro FX 3400 in my Dual Xeon desktop. So the desktop version of the 7800 will probably be even faster.
I kind of fell for the Sales pitch that a Quadro is better and more reliable for high end users....bla bla bla, I never noticed any difference in reliablity.

I run Lightwave, Modo, Zbrush and XSI on the 7800 with no problems whatsoever, it's a fast mothercopulator ;-)

d1wojo
03-24-2006, 07:00 AM
go with a 7800 or even a 6800 and us riva tuner and jack it up to run faster that is what I am doing and I can get avid xpress pro to run fine and LW with no problem. Not at the same time......