PDA

View Full Version : Divx players - which is the best one?

jat
03-23-2006, 07:49 PM
which player do you guys use? Also I am looking for a dvd utility app that will let me save my dvd videos and watch them without having to insert the original dvd into the drive.......any thoughts.....thanks

:thumbsup:

jeremyhardin
03-23-2006, 07:57 PM
i would in no way encourage breaking any copyright laws...but i think a backup is legal. so i'll say...

in some cases disk utility (that comes with mac) lets you make backups of the disks that can be mounted as a volume later. after you re-mount it...open DVD player and watch away.

nelsonm
03-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Hi,

I in no way encourage or condone ripping commercial dvd's.

However, if you have personal dvd's you'd like to rip and convert to DivX, i recommend the following software...

ripping - DVD Decrypter (free download)
DivX - DivX Create (20.00 bucks from www.divx.com)

KnuxTE
03-31-2006, 02:45 PM
you could use snapz pro x... if your mac is fast enough!

toby
04-01-2006, 12:25 AM
MPlayer OSX or VLC are great for viewing, OSEX is great for decrypting, HandBrake or Diva for re-coding.

toby
04-01-2006, 07:36 PM
oh yea - if any of these programs have trouble accessing the dvd, start up DVD Player, that will allow access.

gazmon
04-04-2006, 08:59 AM
I use the free div x codec that allows quicktime to view div x movies.Also handbrake is good for making quicktime movies of dvd's and is free.

TomT
04-21-2006, 07:30 AM
For DVD backup, or to transfer to view on your iPod (in accordance with US Supreme Court's "fair use" rullings), take a look at Handbrake or "Mac the Ripper" (if you can find it). I use VLC for playback quite a bit.