PDA

View Full Version : Adobe® Premiere® Pro 2.0

taylorpro
03-22-2006, 03:24 PM
I have VT[4.6] and a client needs me to take an Adobe® Premiere® Pro 2.0 project and move it into VT[4.6]. I first need to get Adobe® Premiere® Pro 2.0. Are there any problems loading Adobe® Premiere® Pro 2.0 on the same machine with VT[4.6]. I have heard rumor their was but just rumor. Help

ScorpioProd
03-22-2006, 03:38 PM
I had also heard there might be some new problems doing that, as of Premiere Pro 2, but hopefully someone else can answer.

Beyond that, the main thing you will need is an audio card or a motherboard with onboard audio, which most are. The reason being Premiere Pro requires ASIO drivers for the audio and the VT audio hardware does NOT have them.

Brian Peterson
03-22-2006, 06:25 PM
PPro 2.0 and VT4.6 do not play nice together. There are mjor .dll conflicts and when working in VT you get a continous stream of error messages as functions in PPro 2 try to initalize. I played with it for a week before saying screw it.

Terrence
03-22-2006, 08:51 PM
I use a dual boot and have my VT 4.6 on one side and my adobe products on another partition. Works great and all you can keep it all separate.

Import it into premier and save as a avi, pull it into ted and have at it. or vise versa.

If you have any questions feel free to call Video Harware Services they set up my box its almost 2 years old now and works great.

chribba
03-23-2006, 03:18 AM
I could be nice to see what the MXF import can help you with in this project.
Any other that have tryed?

chribba

Pete Draves
03-23-2006, 07:39 AM
Thanks to the staff at newtek there is an answer to the problem.
Dr. Cross has supplied to me the codecs that must be renamed.
Renaming the codecs will cause the loss of the "avi wraper" use in the vt functionality.
The codecs are located in the win32 directory.
TEDCodec.dll
and
TEDCodec_a.dll
these must be renamed for adobe premiere pro2 AND encore 2 to run.

With premiere on the system and opening toaster you will get an error message that toaster cannot fint 2 codecs. It will name then.
The fix is copy the codecs from the premiere directory and paste them to the VT4 or3 directory.
Premiere will not capture rtv's or use them on the timeline but can render something that toaster can use (DV0.
Alass, the newtek 25 codec cannot be used.
good luck
Pete