PDA

View Full Version : WMV output problem & solution with VT4.6 upgrade

Jeremy Case
03-22-2006, 08:59 AM
Hi all,

I just got time between ongoing projects to upgrade to VT4.6, and ran into a mysterious problem. It wouldn't let me output to wmv. I tried reinstalling Windows Media Encoder, but that didn't work. But finally the solution turned out to be that the audio was set within the Render Timeline dialog by default to be FP (or floating point) rather 16-bit which it needed to be to output wmv. Hope this helps you guys out if you run into this problem.

Jeremy

tmon
03-23-2006, 04:55 PM
You aren't the only one that has run into this. While it's cool that NewTek could do a "Quad" FP codec, no one else in the universe is using it and to have it as the default capture setting is nutzo, IMHO. I know someone who went through the same exact dance you just did just yesterday. My suggestion was to re-render the FP audio in the timeline to a more STANDARD 48kHz 16bit stereo wav file, then replace the previous in the timeline and re-render. That did the trick without having to re-capture the original audio.

Please help squeak the wheel on this one:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47868

John Perkins
03-23-2006, 05:22 PM
It should have a warning in the bottom of the export dialog that says it is an invalid combination.

I will squeek along with you on the default audio format though. ;)

>squeek<
John

tmon
03-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Thanks, John.

Jim Capillo
03-24-2006, 05:15 AM
I do a lot of project conversions to wmv and I forget the audio ALL the time. Doh..... :foreheads

Change it, NT !