PDA

View Full Version : buildfx.exe still working?

RobertRhino
03-22-2006, 01:48 AM
I am not able to run buildfx.exe to compile my renders into DVEs. I made plenty FX about a year ago so I know how to make the DVEs in lightwave and run them on the toaster. I decided to make a few more DVEs and discovered that I can no longer run buildfx.exe on any of my computers, when I double click on the buildfx.exe file the command screen flashes on the screen for a split second and vanashes!

:screwy:

Can anyone confirm that buildfx.exe will run on a current version of Windows XP Pro with service pack 2?

I really need to be able to build some DVEs for an important project please help.

Thanks in advance.

kltv
03-22-2006, 02:16 AM
But I don't think you can ever just double click on it. It is a command line driven program. I always run it from a command prompt by doing a Start->Run and entering command in the box. Then change over to the DVE Creation Kit directory and run the buildfx with all the info it needs. It needs you to include the dve filename, warp file name and start and end frame numbers. That is why it just disappears when you double click on it. It doesn't have the info so it fails and the command prompt quits when the file is done running.

Kris

billmi
03-22-2006, 08:18 AM
Yep, I've used it under XP SP2.

And yes, it is a command line program, you have to give it arguments for it to work.

RobertRhino
03-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Ok I got it running, thanks!

melben
06-16-2006, 11:39 AM
hello!!
where is the buildfx.exe?
:help:
Someone can explain create like a dve, with LW 8. I do not deal warp and buildfx for compile.

My Englishman excuses :hey:

billmi
06-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Buildfx.exe is included in the DVE Creation Kit, which can be downloaded from the NewTek web site.

Instructions on how to use it are included in the kit, in a Microsoft Word document.

melben
06-16-2006, 12:19 PM
ok thanks you. But not understand