PDA

View Full Version : Help...Again

ShawnStovall
03-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Hi, I know you guys might have had enough of me but I'm stuck. I need to know how to put a separate object on points of another object. I need the object to be multiplied also. I know their is a tool for this but I just don't know where to find it.

Here you will see my problem, the loose points are where I need multiple objects:

Wickster
03-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Hi, I know you guys might have had enough of me but I'm stuck. I need to know how to put a separate object on points of another object. I need the object to be multiplied also. I know their is a tool for this but I just don't know where to find it.

Here you will see my problem, the loose points are where I need multiple objects:
I'm not sure if this is what you're after but here is my take on your problem.
You can have the main object (not the one you want copied to points) emit particles (add emitter) and emit from vertices. Then use FX_Linker or FX_DynamicLinker to link the other object on to its vertices.

Same procedure from the crowd tutorial skipping all the MDD stuff and head straight to the part where it load and plane position robots on to the points of that plane:

Here's the link to the PDF:
http://newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/animation/crowd/CrowdAnimation_Release1.pdf

Hope thats what you want.

Silkrooster
03-21-2006, 10:23 PM
I think what you are looking for is point clone plus. It will place a copy of an object on all the points of another object.
Silk

ShawnStovall
03-22-2006, 02:34 PM
Where is point cone plus?

Auger
03-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Multiply > Duplicate: More: Point Clone Plus

It is also described in the manual. :tongue:

Jon

ShawnStovall
04-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks!:lwicon: