PDA

View Full Version : Renderable Spline

JAW
03-21-2006, 04:23 PM
OK, I saw a post while back that you should use rendable splines for pipes and ropes and so forth, but it didnt say how to set them up, or how to control them,..ie: how to size and render em, or what settings you need to activate so they will be visable, and render. Any info on this wil be much helpful, :thumbsup:

ShawnStovall
03-21-2006, 08:19 PM
Never herd of it.

Silkrooster
03-21-2006, 11:03 PM
A few things come to mind. A spline can have Hyper Voxels applied to it which would then be renderable. There is a plugin called curve2poly that will take your spline and make a 2 point poly line out of it.
You could extrude the spline then delete the extrusion points and you will have a 2 point poly line.
Perhaps you could post a screen shot of what you are trying to do, maybe there is another way as well.
Silk

JAW
03-22-2006, 07:58 AM
The post I saw it on a while back was about how to add detail to a model, or space ship, I always use the rail ext, to make pipes and rope, but the thing that caught my eye was that u can just make a spline, and then render it as a rope, or pipe, I wish i had printer it cause i cant rember who posted it, :(

Silkrooster
03-22-2006, 05:23 PM
I would love to see that tutorial, as you really peaked my interest. Perhaps they used a plugin for layout, that I have not heard about. I know to can see the spline in layout before rendering using show curve in the object properties, but that does not help with renders.
Silk

riki
03-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Maybe you saw it in the feature request section. Renderable splines that can have properties for thickness and texturing would be great. I think 3DMax has something like this ??