PDA

View Full Version : RTV output from other apps

JReble
03-21-2006, 01:40 PM
I came across an old post from Jef at Pizazz about particle illusion in which he said he was rendering the particle illusion output right to RTV. Is anyone actually able to do this? The codec appears in the output option but it always results in errors or corrupt files. Any word on that would be appreciated. :)

I notice that the RTV options appears in several apps with video rendering output, but I've not been able to get it to work outside the Newtek stuff. In particle illusion I noticed it shows "Newtek VT3 RTV codec" and the machine I saw it on was a VT4. Anybody know the score on this stuff? Jef?

PIZAZZ
03-21-2006, 07:06 PM
I came across an old post from Jef at Pizazz about particle illusion in which he said he was rendering the particle illusion output right to RTV. Is anyone actually able to do this? The codec appears in the output option but it always results in errors or corrupt files. Any word on that would be appreciated. :)

I notice that the RTV options appears in several apps with video rendering output, but I've not been able to get it to work outside the Newtek stuff. In particle illusion I noticed it shows "Newtek VT3 RTV codec" and the machine I saw it on was a VT4. Anybody know the score on this stuff? Jef?

That was exactly what I used in Illusion. It actually said VT3 RTV codec or something similar. I remember the VT3 especially. I chose it and hit render in Illusion. Worked flawlessly. That said I haven't done that is quite a while and I will have to dig up my Illusion disk to see if it still happens like that.

Tom Wood
03-28-2006, 12:09 PM
Mirage outputs directly to RTV:

http://www.bauhaussoftware.com/

It's an improved version of TVPaint and Aura, so there's some history.

TW