PDA

View Full Version : Need SX-8/VT4 Fix or SX-84 by Friday! Help

TAV Media
03-21-2006, 11:55 AM
We use a VT4 card with 4.6c software, but I'm using the SX-8 from our old VT3.

During this past Sunday's service, our hardware switcher, a For.A Mighty Mix, failed, it completely lost power. We switched over to the VT4 to handle the rest of the service, however, we had to deal with random signal losses occuring.

We run component inputs and 3 composite inputs, and they were dropping out left and right. I want to get an SX-84 by Friday, but my local dealers cant get it to me by then. If they can't, does anyone know how to fix the SX-8 so it works fine with the recent upgrades? I need this thing to be rock solid stable since I'll be depending on it solely for the next few sundays.

Thanks

PIZAZZ
03-21-2006, 07:04 PM
We use a VT4 card with 4.6c software, but I'm using the SX-8 from our old VT3.

During this past Sunday's service, our hardware switcher, a For.A Mighty Mix, failed, it completely lost power. We switched over to the VT4 to handle the rest of the service, however, we had to deal with random signal losses occuring.

We run component inputs and 3 composite inputs, and they were dropping out left and right. I want to get an SX-84 by Friday, but my local dealers cant get it to me by then. If they can't, does anyone know how to fix the SX-8 so it works fine with the recent upgrades? I need this thing to be rock solid stable since I'll be depending on it solely for the next few sundays.

Thanks

I believe I know what your issue is. Make sure you are using a HD15 to HD15 cable for the audio when you use a VT-Pro card with an older SX8. Some of the video information is actually passed down that cable. That could be the issue you are seeing.

IF you need an SX84 by Friday then call me tomorrow. I can make it happen. Just one of the perks of being in Texas with Newtek. :)

Let me know if I can help you further.

TAV Media
03-22-2006, 10:48 AM
I believe I know what your issue is. Make sure you are using a HD15 to HD15 cable for the audio when you use a VT-Pro card with an older SX8. Some of the video information is actually passed down that cable. That could be the issue you are seeing.

IF you need an SX84 by Friday then call me tomorrow. I can make it happen. Just one of the perks of being in Texas with Newtek. :)

Let me know if I can help you further.

I called and left a message Jef. Thanks.