PDA

View Full Version : Sasquatch help!

Yve11
05-21-2003, 07:17 AM
I'm trying to animate grass decreasing over time. I have a character that mows the lawn, so I would like as the mowing machine passes over a patch of grass, it decreases.

But Sasquatch does not have an envelope to determine when I would like grass to decrease.

It can only do it overall for one patch of grass.

If anyone understands what I just typed, can you help?

Thanks,

Yve

iluvatar
05-22-2003, 02:24 AM
hi there!

i understand the problem, and i think i've got the solution, but i'll test it first... if it works i'll upload a short tutorial and a demo scene

Yve11
05-22-2003, 06:08 AM
hey!! I hope to god that your solution works coz im dying here. I'm doing a major project for my uni course and if I dont have a solution...*does not want to think*

anyway thanks for taking the time to test stuff for me. I really appreciate it!

-Yve

iluvatar
05-22-2003, 06:28 AM
hi there man!!

it was a really interresting project :P check my solution at http://www.smeaggie.web1000.com the example movie isn't available yet but it's rendering!! thanks for the idea man, let me know how you're doing on your project...

iluvatar
05-22-2003, 08:31 AM
for even a better effect, use a particle emitter to let some grass fly out of the mower (in case of an old fashioned hand mower)

have fun!

Yve11
05-22-2003, 08:44 AM
hey, I haven't checked out if I can do what you wrote for me =P It sounded quite *whee, over my head* hehehe but I will give it a try.

Nevertheless, thanks so much for putting in the effort to getting a solution - if it works for me, I owe you!!

btw, incase of misunderstanding, I'm a girl hehehe...just referring to you calling me "man"

Thanks again, I will keep you posted and how I did with the tut =)

-Yve

iluvatar
05-22-2003, 08:59 AM
hi girl!! (excuse me for the previous one!)

maybe i should visit you to explain what i did, i've never seen sydney before ;) anyway, if you don't understand the (short) tutorial, email me and i'll upload a better one, but i had no more time today :p

iluvatar
05-23-2003, 01:49 AM
Hi Everyone!

I uploaded the example movie and the scene files to my website, check them at http://www.smeaggie.web1000.com
Yve I owe you one for giving me such a lovely idea!! I'm working it out even further, so watch for updates ;)