PDA

View Full Version : LW destroys scene when trying to save and crashes

Dirk
03-21-2006, 07:50 AM
What sort of bad joke is this?

I have an animated character (for a game), nothing fancy, set up for weight map only, no IK (already baked), and wanted to replace the character with a newer version -looks good in layout, but LW (8.5) crashes AND destroys the scene (!!!) when I try to save.

Thankfully, I didn't lost any work (used "save as..."), but hey, I thought these days where over...???

Does anybody know what's going on there?

Dirk
03-21-2006, 08:17 AM
Ladies and gentleman, I GOT HIM!

I found that nasty, perverted, heinous, creepy little BUG!

Under masterplugins, two instances of the scene editor where listed - removed both - scene saves!

But funny this is not, as Yoda would say.

Dirk
03-21-2006, 08:34 AM
....and here is more:

when I delete only the last instance of scene editor in master plugins, LW still crashes + destroys the scene when trying to save...

.... BUT ....

when I delete the last instance of scene editor in master plugins, and then open scene editor and delete all selection sets (had created a selection set for the disolve channel of some parts of the character) .....

.... LW saves the scene without crash or any complaint!

As I said, I replaced the character with a newer version (different filename, but same layers). Could it be that somewhere in scene editor, in the selection set, the filename of the character was saved, and after replacing the character, this caused the save-crash?