PDA

View Full Version : Scanning plugins

KSTAR
03-20-2006, 07:00 PM
When scanning plugins in Layout or Modeler after loading the software, is it necessary to only scan the plugins that pertain to each. For example modeler plugins and Lscripts for modeler only? Or should you just scan all plugins directories no matter what type, for both applications?

I have always scanned them all for both apps but have always wondered :question:

Silkrooster
03-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Actually that is a good question. To my knowledge scanning plugins in layout will also retreive the plugins for modeler, but I have been told to do both. Both modeler and layout share the same config file for plugins. So I don't really see the need to scan twice. Perhaps I am overlooking something, but I don't recall having to scan twice. Reseting menus maybe another story.
Silk

BeeVee
03-21-2006, 01:51 AM
You don't need to scan twice. There, official word... ;)

B

Silkrooster
03-21-2006, 01:54 AM
I knew BeeVee would come to the rescue.:beerchug:
Silk

KSTAR
03-21-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks I have been using Lightwave for many many moons now and never realized Lightwave and Modeler shared the same config file :thumbsup:

BeeVee
03-22-2006, 01:52 AM
They don't share all their configs, just the LWext*.cfg. You still need to make menus and shortcuts particular to the module you're in.

B