PDA

View Full Version : dynamics ?

Pavlov
03-20-2006, 09:42 AM
coming from 7.5 i still have no idea on how rigid-body dynamics work in LW.
I created a plane and a box. i put the box at some height above the plane, and i rotated it a bit to get a non "flat" bounce. added gravity and tweaked weights, collisions and so on.
Well it seems box reacts well to angular forces (if it falls on an edge, it will bounce rotating accordingly), but it does not *move* accordingly; i get a box bouncing and spinning, but not moving on X and Z axes.
I guess i'm missing something so i'd like to see some examples of a box falling and bouncing correctly.

thanks,
Paolo

DAMAKERS
03-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Hello Pavlov =)

if dont want flat to flat collision... apply a bit of roughness to the plane dynamics. That generates a random collision cuz the roughness. Try diferent settings till u get good results.

Good Luck!

Heres is a link with an example of a collision flat to flat

Box & Plane Collision (http://www.damakers.com/downloads/BoxPlaneCollision.zip)

Pavlov
03-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks, i know about roughness but the box should bounce also laterally in consequence of angular velocity. Look at this example: box bounces and rolls, but it translates only on Y. This is not a natural behavior.
hope i'm missing something.. surely i am.

thanks,
Paolo

Pavlov
03-20-2006, 12:21 PM
here is what I came up with....

thanks, but the plane is rotated so it's not the same.
look at my test here: why doesnt box move on X and Z axes ? when it bounces it gets some momentum and it must move.. so what ?

Paolo