PDA

View Full Version : When will DVD Tutorials for LW9 come up?

DiedonD
03-20-2006, 04:38 AM
LW9 is about to be released in the following months. How long from that do TUT creators release their work in DVD's. Im refering to SplineGod, Dan Ablan and Kurv (hope I spell that right), and others that also do it but I dont know of.
But I also am asking some of you that have been long time LW users, and that may know how long did it usually took for a TUT to come out after the latest release of LW.

I definetly will need another tutorial, but this time in a DVD for sure?

Bog
03-20-2006, 05:22 AM
I think it's safe to say that LW9 will come out before the tutorials! Hopefully, though, the Luminaries of Learning like Dan the Man Ablan and Larry Schultz will be part of the Beta program (if they were, they wouldn't be able to tell us about it, but it'd make sense) and therefore will be keeping as far ahead of the game as they can.

Even though I've been using LW since back on the Amiga, I still like to grab Dan's books just about as soon as their available - getting up to speed with the new features, and getting a different perspective (a-ha) on the existing tools is always good.

kurv
03-20-2006, 12:55 PM
We have a lot of things in the works for LW9... it looks to be our best stuff ever and we have more on 9 planned than we had on LW8 :)

diedond, thanks!! If you have suggestions feel free to let us know!

DiedonD
03-21-2006, 04:31 AM
We have a lot of things in the works for LW9... it looks to be our best stuff ever and we have more on 9 planned than we had on LW8 :)

diedond, thanks!! If you have suggestions feel free to let us know!

The only thing I can suggest is what you probably already do. All I need is a DVD Tut for LW9, and I need that when I upgrade to LW9 for free. I found out Im a better listener than reader. I remember going through a DVD tut for After Effects 6.5 . The learning process was .... was...AWSOME to say the least for lack of better word. Whatever he did I found it and did the same, and thus build up a very great base knowledge wher to built on. I dont have that in books, and most certainly I dont have the calmness.

So just be yourselves, a good joke here and there calmnes the anxiety of learning new stuff, be precise and whatever addedd software you include make sure it will work on the clients computer. Thats all. Thanks.

And Bog, Dan is great wrighter, but Larry offers online instant support, and he seems to be around when I am. And having that adds insurance to smooth learning, which I think is KEY at learning, unlike the distruption that a Tutor would guide you to only to realize that it no longer works that way, and it doesnt works on your computer, and the time you loose figuring out what went wrong, and a day at lost while e-mails come back to you.