PDA

View Full Version : Driver compinents mis-match

electroNIX
05-20-2003, 08:36 PM
Hi!

I ran LW 7.5b without any troubles, but now after I installed a second Graphics Adapter I get the error:

Driver Components mis-match. Exit is the only option.

But the error comes from the driver apparently, because the box says on the upper part "nVidia OpenGL Driver"

I would like to keep the second one because its quite convenient to have LW running on one side and a tutorial open on the other monitor.

I hope you people can help me!!

Thanks in advance!
peace!

Aegis
05-21-2003, 05:04 AM
What graphics cards do you have installed? Are they both nVidia cards? Did you install the second adapter using the same Detonator drivers as the first?

electroNIX
05-21-2003, 08:58 AM
upps, forgot to mention that...

I just "found" a second monitor and before it collects to much dust, I thought to use it in a two Monitor Setup...

Yes both are nVidia, but maybe they are to far "apart"...

My primary Card is a AGP nVidia Quadro2 MXR 64MB

and for the second i took an old, also dustcollecting,
PCI nVidia Riva TNT2 Model64 32MB

Well, I know the TNT isnt good for stuff we do, but it ist only intented to be used for "simple stuff", the Lightwaving would be done on the Quadro-Side anyway...

I had to uninstall the drivers because it didnt worked, then I reinstalled the latest detonator from nVidia and both work fine with all other tested softs and windows...

I want only to use it to "extend" my desktop, when I start the Programs, all open up at the "right" side, the "quadro-side"...
so I dont understand the problems LW has...

I havent tested any other opengl soft except LW though...

would be nice if i could keep the second screen for reading, chat.. etc...

bloontz
05-21-2003, 09:57 AM
Could you use the Quadro2 as a dual head card? The nvidia drivers seem to allocate ogl memory inteligently so if you aren't using ogl on the second monitor it shouldn't hinder the performance of the primary monitor. I run a Quadro4 this way with the monitors set as one large desktop and it works well.

John Rosenfeld

electroNIX
05-21-2003, 03:07 PM
Hi, thanks for your questions... they made me think twice... :D

I DL the new detonator FX (44.03) from nVidia and installed that one, now i can at least change the openGL settings for both cards...

but Lightwave only starts If the option for hardwareacceleration for multiscreen ist set to singlescreen and not any of the multiscreen modes...

ok, so far, but the funny thing is...
when i have my palettes on the TNT2 card, I am not able to use the dropdown menues in LW...
BUT, know comes the kick, ONLY if the screen is on the left side!!!
If i change the TNT2 screen to be on the right side, there is NO problem whatsoever... it works like it should...

...spooky isnt it?

PS:
found another thread with similar topic
topic (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3496)

electroNIX
05-22-2003, 06:40 PM
i tried now any combination, short of using older drivers, but the problem with the dropdown menues is still there...

but i cannot simply change the physical position of my monitors because one has a shorter connector cable... and "extension cords" will kill the quality of the picture...

I see no logical reason why its doing that to me...

If I change the primary monitor to the TNT2 one, I have the same troubles, just now on the other side...

I know it seems to be a driver bug, but maybe anyone can help me!!

I even can do modelling in OpenGL on the TNT if its the primary display, but why its not doing both sides in openGL ??

heres the answer from a nVidia FAQ

I am running in Multi-Monitor mode/Twinview mode but my OpenGL games won't run. How can I fix this?

Under Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/NT4, when using a dual monitor setup, certain OpenGL games will not run. This is not an issue with the drivers themselves, but with the OpenGL API, which can only accelerate one hardware graphics card at a time. To fix this problem, simply disable the second monitor and your OpenGL 3D program will work again. Direct 3D does support multi-monitors and should not experience this type of problem. Some OpenGL applications will operate in dual monitor mode but will revert to software rendering where the performance will be at a reduced speed. Most OpenGL applications however, will detect that the renderer is not working and simply refuse to execute, such as Quake III Arena.

So I think you can translate that to Lightwave... or

but why is it not opening the dropdown menues when its the lefthand monitor?? that has nothing to do with ogl... because on the right side its working..

I am puzzled... :confused:

:rolleyes: HELP!!