PDA

View Full Version : Computer Workstation Dual Xeons 3GB quadroFX 1.5TB

wellsichris
03-17-2006, 11:22 PM
I don't know if this is a good place to put this but since I have used this computer for lightwave and it has been awesome I figured I'd give a heads up here. I'm selling a Dual Xeon workstation. it has 2.8ghz xeons liquid cooled and overclocked to 3ghz. When in a air conditioned enviroment I have had it clocked up to 3.25ghz without a problem. It has Hyper Threading if you want me to enable it. I generally leave it off because it slows down single threaded things like particle simulations. it has 3GB of ram and 1.5 TB of internal storage. 6 X 250 gig hard drives in raid 1 or 0. I have it currently setup to have 2 drives mirrored for my system drive and project files and then 4 striped for my source files. super fast!! The video card is a QuadroFX 2000. The sound card is an Audigy 2 PLatinum. And it has a DVD-DL burner. I built this system and have taken excellent care of it. I have moded the case for optimal air flow. I have done 4k compositing on this machine as well as tons of 3d work and it has served me well. it is really fast and stable. This same speced computer priced out on dell's website is $4300 and on Boxx's website is $5000. I'm asking $3000 obo. Contact me if you have any questions.

p.s. I have moded the case to look cool to :)

wellsichris
03-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Actually I'm going to drop the price to $2500 OBO. I need to sale it. I'm trying to buy a car. we just had a baby and I want to get a car so my wife isn't home with the baby without a car. So anyway make me an offer and I'll see what I can do.

luup
04-05-2006, 08:07 AM
do you still sell this computer?
thanks
lup

wellsichris
04-05-2006, 01:15 PM
yes it still is for sale. let me know if you have any other questions about it.
thanks
chris

luup
04-14-2006, 08:07 AM
Sorry I was away for a few days.
If it is still for sale, I am inerested.
The only thing is that I live in France but maybe this is not an issue.
Let me know.
Thanks
lup

wellsichris
04-14-2006, 11:36 AM
I just checked ups and to ship to france is around $700. So it's not really a good option. I was very suprised to see that it was that expensive.

chris

sandogeditor
04-26-2006, 09:44 PM
I have a few questions. How do you overclock xeons? I thought this was something that could only be done with amd processors. the other question is about the graphics card. is it agp or pci express?

wellsichris
04-27-2006, 09:24 AM
well it depends on your motherboard. there aren't as many overclocking options on xeons. but once again depends on your mobo. this mobo. pc-dl delux is a really good mobo. it's been awesome. I have really good cooling on my processors. dual radiator. with fans on intake and out. so I haven't had any heating issues with the processors. and actually the reason I can't leave it clocked higher is because of the chips on the motherboard. I'm really careful about overheating things because it decreases the life of your components. So for my testing I would always run fprime so it would pin both processors and let it go at it for a while, and i would monitor the temp of everything. so like I said 3ghz is an easy clock and it can be a really hot day and I can be rendering solid all day without a problem. When I had it in an air condition office 3.25ghz wasn't a problem. the biggest issue is the chips on the motherboard. I've had it to 3.4ghz and the processors are fine but than the mobo chips get to hot. Like i said i'm very careful so I haven't done any damage to the hardware. I always watched the temps during testing and when the mobo chips would start to get to hot I would stop the render.

as for the video card it's AGP.

it's a pretty good card. I actually had it pushing an apple 30. so it's one of the few agp cards that has dual-link

also so everyone knows I'm selling it for $2000 now. so add whatever shipping would be.

thanks
chris

sudac20
04-27-2006, 09:54 PM
is it still 4 sale?

wellsichris
04-28-2006, 11:03 AM
yes it is.

RobertRhino
05-01-2006, 10:44 AM
I want to make you an offer for this system if it is still available.
Thanks
Robert

wellsichris
05-01-2006, 10:57 AM
actually I already sold it.

sorry
chris