PDA

View Full Version : ok, where are those images created by lw9 beta uesrs?

ufo3d
03-17-2006, 01:47 PM
ok, where are those sample images created by lw9 beta uesrs?

hrgiger
03-17-2006, 02:03 PM
From the LW9 open beta FAQ page:

Am I allowed publicly display work created with and during the LightWave v9 Open Beta?
Yes. You are welcome to publicly post imagery created with the use of the LightWave v9 Open Beta software. However, per the terms of the NDA, you are not allowed to discuss the fact that you are a member of the LightWave v9 Open Beta program of how the software was used to create the imagery.

So, it's basically saying that if a beta tester creates an image in LW9, they can display it, but cannot reveal that they used LW9 to create it. So you may already be seeing some in the gallery without knowing it.

GruvSyco
03-17-2006, 02:36 PM
The more and more I hear all the rules and crap regarding LW beta, the more and more retarded the whole thing seems to me. I can completely understand having the beta only open to people that have paid for 9 but, I would think it would be in Newteks best interest to let other users (potential buyers) know what's going on and see how the beta users are making use of the new features.

Every day, I become just a little less enchanted by Newtek and LW. :(

Lewis
03-17-2006, 03:56 PM
I'd just like to know render time comparison. Let's say that someone from beta team or someonde from NT (protom maybe?) renders Radiosity BOX (actually to render all benchmark scenes would be great) with LW 8.5 and same that scene with LW 9 and SHOW us both renders with their time.

In that way we could compare render times and render look/differences (if there is any) of new redesigned core of render engine.

cheers

WilliamVaughan
03-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Send me an email with a list of scenes from teh content CD and I will try and set it up soon.

Lewis
03-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Hi proton!

I'm listing scenes from LW8 content I'd like to see/compare render times ASAP :).

1.Radiosity_BOX.lws
2.Teapot.lws
3.Radiosity_ReflectiveThings.lws
4.Raytrace.lws
5.DOF.lws
6.Tracer-Radiosity.lws
7.Nebulae.lws
8.Cube_Crumble.lws
9.The_Matrix1.lws

That's about IT but you can throw in some more if you find render times interesting just don't skip first 5 i listed :).

Thanks.

A Mejias
03-17-2006, 04:56 PM
NDA's are standard practice in all software development. Unless you’re directly involved in the process you really wouldn’t get an accurate measure of the final outcome. And even the beta testers themselves don’t see the full picture. It’s a messy process. You’d probably never eat sausage again if you saw how it was made. :)

The more and more I hear all the rules and crap regarding LW beta, the more and more retarded the whole thing seems to me. I can completely understand having the beta only open to people that have paid for 9 but, I would think it would be in Newteks best interest to let other users (potential buyers) know what's going on and see how the beta users are making use of the new features.

Every day, I become just a little less enchanted by Newtek and LW. :(

A Mejias
03-17-2006, 05:03 PM
It's been mentioned before by NewTek that the new render technology is mainly aimed at complex scenes so you may not notice any speed increase in these scenes.

Hi proton!

I'm listing scenes from LW8 content I'd like to see/compare render times ASAP :).

1.Radiosity_BOX.lws
2.Teapot.lws
3.Radiosity_ReflectiveThings.lws
4.Raytrace.lws
5.DOF.lws
6.Tracer-Radiosity.lws
7.Nebulae.lws
8.Cube_Crumble.lws
9.The_Matrix1.lws

That's about IT but you can throw in some more if you find render times interesting just don't skip first 5 i listed :).

Thanks.

Ztreem
03-17-2006, 05:48 PM
It would be nice with some 64 bit benchmarks aswell. Theres a big difference between 32 & 64 bit even if you only have 1 Gb of RAM.

Lewis
03-18-2006, 06:11 AM
It's been mentioned before by NewTek that the new render technology is mainly aimed at complex scenes so you may not notice any speed increase in these scenes.

Since Render Core/raytraces are updated/rewriten it MUST be some differences, maybe its even slower now ;) :). Let's wait and see for proton results.