PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Problems - Need Advice

davie563
03-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Hi, im workin on my final year project for University and im workon on the scene for the climax to my animation, Below is a wee render of the most recent set-up. Im liking the way the scene is, i want the main focal point to be the GBA and the area around it, but im not likeing the effect the screen is giving off. It dosent seen to have that glow as if its sendind light out into the room.

I used a Spot light to send a beam of light out to create the light path on the floor ect..

Just wondering if any1 has any good tips on how to create very cool screens in dark suroundings. I would really appreciate it,

Cheers in Adance :D

Giacomo99
03-17-2006, 10:49 AM
A single CG light source doesn't send light out into a room the way a real light source does in the real world. You have to fake it. I'd start by using "background only" radiosity. Try an initial level of 25% or so and see how that looks.

GM

faulknermano
03-17-2006, 11:25 AM
go over to CGTALK and looks for the Great Textured Area Light Hack. it describes in some detail how to achieve illumination from a multicolored screen.

other than that you can use a projection image from your spotlight, and maybe use volumetric lighting, if you're into that sort of thing. ;)