PDA

View Full Version : Saving Transformed Obj w/ textures

iggy21
03-17-2006, 08:00 AM
I have an model of a person that's pre textured in Modeler. I gave it bones and weight maps to use in Lightwave. After i create my desired pose, i 'Save Trans Obj' , but the textures wont save out properly. Is there a way to free or bake textures in layout THEN send it to modeler? I hope that makes sense

Thanks

faulknermano
03-17-2006, 11:22 AM
you need to create UV maps as a basis for baked textures. before you save transform, create UV maps in Modeler. then in Layout, use the Surface Baker to bake the textures into your UV maps. then, no matter what deformations you have the textures will always stick, since they stick at the points.

iggy21
03-22-2006, 10:31 AM
These models were pre textured using mainly cylindrical maps over multiple surfaces (about 30+). I cant afford the time to re-texture them all with UV maps. Is there any other way to salvage a model's NON-UV textures after deforming it with bones and saving it as a transformed object?

kruemel_1
03-22-2006, 11:36 AM
I suppose what faulknermano meant is: create a UV for the whole model (Atlas - it's not usefull for painting but you need no setuptime). Then assign the surfacebaker to one visible surface, bake to entire object. Assign one surface to the whole model, as color set the baked texture.