PDA

View Full Version : What package should i use to assemble my animations for my demo reel ?

andy gee
03-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Hi everybody

can anybody tell me what is the best package to assemble my demo reel ?

The thing is that im nearly ready to send my work off to companys but the

problem is i dont know what package is best, how to much it costs or

anything else.

I have heard of video toaster and its a little steep in price, if anybody could

make any suggestions on software that you use then that would be great

thanks

Andy Gee

stevecullum
03-16-2006, 05:16 PM
I put all my reels together in Adobe Premiere. Its quite easy to learn and not too badly priced.

andy gee
03-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Hi

i have adobe premeire and yes it is easy to use the only problem im having

is i dont know how to add transition fades between my animations and

things like fade to black and fade in from black.

Cheers

Andy Gee

johnnyh66
03-16-2006, 05:43 PM
It's been years since I've used A.P., I now use A.A.E., but I think you can open the transparancies properties and just click the little curve line to add a keyframe about .5 seconds in, then select the first one and just drag it down to 0.

stevecullum
03-16-2006, 05:52 PM
Just put the clip your fading to and from on different video layers with a one or two second overlap. Then drag the cross dissolve effect between them.

(assuming thats the effect your after!)

stevecullum
03-16-2006, 05:58 PM
This is how I do mine:

andy gee
03-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Ok im trying this out and im getting the hang of it sort of.

few more screen shots like that would be great

thanks

DavidL
03-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Steve,
As a fellow Premiere user, could I first ask, what do you bring into Premiere from LW? A sequence of targas? And what size are your LW renders, 640x320 or larger?

Thanks,
David

stevecullum
03-16-2006, 06:41 PM
few more screen shots like that would be great

Which version are you using?

Steve,
As a fellow Premiere user, could I first ask, what do you bring into Premiere from LW? A sequence of targas? And what size are your LW renders, 640x320 or larger?

It depends on the project, but normally its TGA's or PNG's. My files res can vary but usually PAL 720 x 576. It really depends on the client needs.

stevecullum
03-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Here's another:

faulknermano
03-16-2006, 07:05 PM
if you still dont have a compositing app, like AE or combustion, i suggest you get that first, since a compositing app can double an editing app in functionality in many ways, and is more useful, for general 3d work. imo.

loki74
03-16-2006, 07:11 PM
if you still dont have a compositing app, like AE or combustion, i suggest you get that first, since a compositing app can double an editing app in functionality in many ways, and is more useful, for general 3d work. imo.

agreed. I think combustion has a tool specifically for editing... but dont quote me on it. (more of a shake guy myself)

If youre looking for a good NLE though, FCP is a great tool. Especially if you get the studio package. If you dont have a mac... well idk. I used Vegas for a project once, it was pretty good, nice and simple. Im not sure if its as powerful as some of the other ones though.