PDA

View Full Version : NewTek searchable FAQ now online

Paul Lara
03-16-2006, 04:48 PM
NewTek now has a SEARCHABLE FAQ (http://www.newtek.com/faq/index.php)for technical issues that frequently come up here.

While the FAQ is still a little light, this will eventually be a knowledge-base for all things TriCaster/VT/LightWave/Etc.

In fact, much of this data came from this community! Anything you'd like to get included in the FAQ can be e-mailed ([email protected]) in for submission.

Paul Lara (bookmark it)

Ivan
03-16-2006, 05:40 PM
You have a very good start there. Someone may want to proof read to get rid of speelling errors. :thumbsup: There is also at least one duplicate question and answer and one question that is asked twice in the same faq.

Any way we can contribute to this as time goes on?

Ivan

Paul Lara
03-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Any way we can contribute to this as time goes on?

Certainly Ivan. It's this awesome community that makes it all happen.

Ivan
03-17-2006, 02:35 AM
Cool, let this be my first submission, you can verify this with Don, I showed him when he was up here and this will save many hours when doing simple photo montages.

Q: When I have a large number of images or clips in a Projects and VT takes forever to scroll through the Storyboard. Is there a way to speed up the screen refresh?

A: Go to Prefs and under EDITING - General, set "Icon for Clips Money Shot" to "Use File Preview". This now pulls the Icon from the Newtek Info folder. If you want to see the Money Shot of the clip as it is in the project, hold the Alt key while hovering your mouse over it. Also note that if you have a long video clip that you are cutting into segments, each segment will have the same icon. You can reset this pref or just hold the Alt Key and hover to see the preview for a specific clip in the Storyboard.

Ivan

PS. Is this where we submit them?

Paul Lara
03-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks, Ivan!

Is this where we submit them?

Please go ahead and e-mail ([email protected])them.
(I"ve already entered this one).

tmon
03-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Paul,

Good stuff! This will make finding solutions much easier for people than rummaging through the discussion boards....

Jim Capillo
03-19-2006, 06:53 AM
Paul, you should link it to the little "FAQ" button on the menu bar above.

Paul Lara
03-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Paul, you should link it to the little "FAQ" button on the menu bar above.

Great idea Jim!
Now click on the forums FAQ link and notice a link below the search window for our Produt FAQ!

pnelson
03-24-2006, 08:24 AM
If you guys have any FAQ entries that you feel should be there or see something that we should snag and move to the FAQ, please let us know!

Thanks,