PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Window sizing

lordarka
03-16-2006, 02:51 AM
Hi everyone,

Lightwave is starting to drive me nuts. In addition to various instability issues, as well as a frequent inability to transfer/synchronize between layout and modeler, I have encountered a most baffling issue that is so stupid that it would be funny, were it not for the fact that it is keeping me from getting any work done.

I use the numeric display to precisely control my tools in Modeler (v7.5), and Lightwave has decided that this display window needs to be larger.... much larger. I would say that the numerical display box is now somewhere on the order of 8000x10,0000 pixels, and the resize tab is so far down the screen that I cannot reach it. Basically, the window is so big that it eclipses everything else in both Lightwave and Modeler on both of my monitors (a 20" and a 23"), and the content is in the center of the window... the rest of it is a bunch of useless brushed metal texture. As far as I know, this is a window resize issue; is there some way in Mac OS to resize a window if you can't get to the tab in the bottom right hand corner.

Any help you could offer me would be most appreciated!

Arka C.

BeeVee
03-16-2006, 03:24 AM
You need to locate your LightWave Modeler 3 preferences file and edit it in SimpleText (or a similar text editor). There will be several lines that say something like:

WindowShape 1936090468 966 23 310 602

The group of four numbers give the position and size of the individual window. Look for the one that has outlandish values and edit the numbers to say:

220 400 220 400

B

lordarka
03-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Thanks! I actually just re-installed the whole **** thing, and re-worked all the customizations in the new installation. But in the future, I will do that.

Arka C.