PDA

View Full Version : Rendered product color...

RonB
03-15-2006, 10:58 PM
The images below are a typical example of the problem I am having...have had for a long time. The left side shows the image used for the texture and the right side shows the rendered result. I have tried many different lighting setups from domes of light to HDRI, the end results vary but all have been off from the starting texture. Believe me I have done dozens upon dozens of lighting tests. It may look like a simple fix in Photoshop but it's not. There is no way to globally color correct the image. Most of the areas have to be selected and color corrected seperately...no big deal for one or two images but I have hundreds to do and it's way too much time to spend on each image. These images need to be spot on as they are being used for various projects by the client's graphics department.

Anyone run into a similar problem with any favorable solution? I'd love to hear about it. I even tried rendering a neutral gray card to color correct to but that didn't work either. I appreciate any thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks, Ron

http://www.dahothouse.com/music/example2.jpg

parm
03-16-2006, 02:18 AM
IF I understand your problem correctly. The reason your colour looks different. Is because the object is illuminated by the lighting around it.

For your objects' colours, to have exactly the same RGB values as the original.
It's Luminosity would have to be set at 100%.

Of course, it wouldn't look very 3d. Because of the lack of tonal gradation across it's surface.

Maybe you can find a happy medium, up the luminosity a bit :)

RonB
03-16-2006, 07:05 AM
Thanks, that was also suggested on another forum and I am working on finding a good balance.

Cheers, Ron