PDA

View Full Version : Final Plee for Help re: LW Tour

rpurvis
05-20-2003, 12:22 PM
So far I've written to Larry Schultz, Lee Stranahan, Chuck, and Posted to three NewTek mesage boards and NO RESPONSE.

My question is simple:

I paid to attend the upcoming LW Tour in San Francisco (next week, May 27th - 28th). I was one of the first to sign up. Now, I cannot attend. Can I transfer my spot to another LW user (for free)? Can I get my money back? Is anyone who lives in the Bay Area interested in attending, on my dime, for free?

Forget an upgrade to LightWave, how about an upgrade in customer service and satisfaction?

Sheesh.

ANY help would be appreciated.

BoulYaBase
05-20-2003, 01:26 PM
I had a similar circumstance with one of Lee's seminars, where he had to postpone the event because of a family emergency (certainly a rare and understandable situation). I was unable to make it to the rescheduled session. Probably a dozen e-mails and a phone call or three later over the past year, I still haven't resolved it.

After one e-mail exchange, I was offered attendance at the last seminar when it came through town (via an e-mail from Mrs. Stranahan -- further testimony to how busy Lee must be), but had to decline because of schedule conflicts.

Hopefully, the next time his crew comes back through NY, I'll get to attend...

Have faith -- Lee's a good guy and I'm sure he'll work with you. He's definitely not looking to screw anyone out of a registration fee. I think he's just got the schedule from Hell, so be persistent. ;)

Chuck
05-20-2003, 03:20 PM
Apologies if I've missed your correspondence somehow, but I cannot locate any email from you in my email files. I did search our forums and find your two posts from the 12th, and this one from today, after answering the other one from today in the General Discussion section; I may have seen them at the time but in fact, NewTek provides name sponsorship of Lee's training tours and assists in promoting them because we believe he is offering exceptional value, but we do not administer the tours, so I would have not been able to take care of the matter, nor do more than I can do in this reply. All business is handled by Lee and Learningstop.com. Lee is very reasonable and absolutely devoted to making sure his customers get exceptional value, but as mentioned above, he does have a heavy schedule and sometimes may be difficult to reach. You can rest assured he will take care of matters, including a refund if that is needed.

kevman3d
05-20-2003, 06:49 PM
That's a good explanation Chuck - Though theres a LOT of people who *still* consider this to be the 'NewTek' event, hence that's why there's so much flak flying about regarding costs, etc lately.

I think its a common misconception...

On the other hand, some peole should think themselves lucky - it seems to be causing a few small problems for me, since I've been offering to collect money from Users and pass it through - Its called the Exchange rate - It fluctuates, and well, lets just say I've been helping people pay for this thing outta my own pocket so far - God forbid anyone wants a refund of what they paid in local currency (specially if the exchange rate rises and I have to give them back *more* then I get back from the USA! Yipes!)

If only the world worked in one simple international currency, eh!

Still, Lees doing some Fantastic work and I'm excited to know we might still see him in this end of the world yet! Roll on August! :)

SplineGod
05-26-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by rpurvis
So far I've written to Larry Schultz, Lee Stranahan, Chuck, and Posted to three NewTek mesage boards and NO RESPONSE.

My question is simple:

I paid to attend the upcoming LW Tour in San Francisco (next week, May 27th - 28th). I was one of the first to sign up. Now, I cannot attend. Can I transfer my spot to another LW user (for free)? Can I get my money back? Is anyone who lives in the Bay Area interested in attending, on my dime, for free?

Forget an upgrade to LightWave, how about an upgrade in customer service and satisfaction?

Sheesh.

ANY help would be appreciated.
Hey Richard,
I did respond awhile back though I assumed that you got my response since I didnt get a reply back. I dont see a problem with transferring your reservation to someone else as long as they bring some kind of proof of the transfer.
I also dont see a problem with transferring it to someone in another city at a later date or just saving it up for the next tour. :)