PDA

View Full Version : Audi tt

bugsbunny
03-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Hello there any suggestions on how to make it look more realistic??? Iím facing difficulties with the lighting any good tutorial????

by the way anyone tried lightwave 9? is it stable??

Thanks

loki74
03-15-2006, 11:11 PM
well the first thing that popped into my mind is, "less DOF!!" using that much DOF will make ur stuff look small.

about LW9--probably wont get you anywhere asking the people who have tried it, as were all under NDA. But what's there to say about stability in a Beta program? certainly its current stability really doesnt matter much--the final release will withour doubt be much more stable.

bugsbunny
03-15-2006, 11:59 PM
thanks for the advice

lordarka
03-16-2006, 05:31 PM
well the first thing that popped into my mind is, "less DOF!!" using that much DOF will make ur stuff look small.

about LW9--probably wont get you anywhere asking the people who have tried it, as were all under NDA. But what's there to say about stability in a Beta program? certainly its current stability really doesnt matter much--the final release will withour doubt be much more stable.

Do you mean more DoF? Whenever I shoot products, an easy way to make things look smaller is to shoot at wide apertures to get a very shallow depth of field (small DoF). This is easy for small objects, and harder for large objects. If you have a lot of out of focus areas in an object that is supposed to be reasonably large (like a car), it will appear to be a small car, rather than a life-size car. More DoF means more is in focus. I agree with Loki that more DoF (more of the vehicle in focus) would make the image look more Ďreal.í

Fantastic model though. I am a LW newbie looking to build objects to incorporate into photographs, and I find the accuracy and fidelity of the modeling to be very impressive. Is the backdrop modeled as well, or is it a photo?

Arka C.

loki74
03-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Do you mean more DoF?

yes, i mean more dof.... I guess i meant to say "less use of the DOF effect."

bugsbunny
03-17-2006, 01:58 AM
you can see the model better in this one and regarding the background it's an image i'm working on reducing the DOF as we speek i will share it with you once it's finished

bugsbunny
03-17-2006, 04:24 AM
Thanks for your advice it looks way better

steamthunk
03-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Good stuff! Don't suppose you'd care to render up a 1600x1200 Denim Blue version for me would you? :D Love to have a LW render of my ride!

bugsbunny
03-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Good stuff! Don't suppose you'd care to render up a 1600x1200 Denim Blue version for me would you? :D Love to have a LW render of my ride!

Sure no problem, if i have some time this weekend. but wich render would you like to have??

steamthunk
03-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Hi. Think you can do one that shows a little bit more of the side and the fine curves of the TT? I do like the one with the street background. No rush. If you get a spare moment that would be awesome. :)