PDA

View Full Version : Newtek- Keep your eye on Devry...

hrgiger
03-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Where I go to school, DeVry, just recently started a new bachelors program in game simulation and programming. (Here's a link: http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060306/20060306005840.html?.v=1 ) I'm in Ohio, and as far as I know right now, only the Irving Texas campus is offereing the program. But since Newtek is there in Texas, I thought they might want to keep their eyes on the school. I'm sure there won't be any graduates for at least a couple of years from now but they could look for possible interns in that program.

Kurtis
03-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Hmm. Interesting news. Thanks for the tip.

ACLOBO
03-16-2006, 12:05 AM
Westwood College has a Game Art and Design program. Their app of choice is 3dMax. I know this because I was an instructor there for the past two years. I landed the job because I knew how to model and texture map - but was always looked at funny when they found out my work was done in Lightwave.

Newtek should be a little more aggressive in approaching schools that are teaching these fresh young minds. Out of all my students, only about 2 or 3 knew about lightwave. But even those were soon engrossed in their 3dsmax classes and lightwave was only a fleeting memory for them.

:stumped:

-Adrian

DiedonD
03-17-2006, 06:57 AM
Westwood College has a Game Art and Design program. Their app of choice is 3dMax. I know this because I was an instructor there for the past two years. I landed the job because I knew how to model and texture map - but was always looked at funny when they found out my work was done in Lightwave.

Newtek should be a little more aggressive in approaching schools that are teaching these fresh young minds. Out of all my students, only about 2 or 3 knew about lightwave. But even those were soon engrossed in their 3dsmax classes and lightwave was only a fleeting memory for them.

-Adrian

I was about to get enrolled in Westwood College, and in a Canadian UNiversity in Toronto. The reason I declined was, among other things I realize, that they were using other programes than LW.

I really dont like 3DMax and Maya. They seem names of people. As if Max is this all knowing genious that we all should look up to, and keep getting to his level, following his tracks, the way he does things and ultimately be his puppet one day - YUCK :stop:

The same goes for Maya, but this time its a Shedevil. Maya is a girls name in most of slavic nations. And some slavic nations just came out from communism, while Maya's color is RED. So its the same except you follow a communist girl, instead uf a smartass guy.

Thats what I imagine, and thats why I decided initially to go for LW. I only realized it was a tough software later on by you guys. Telling me artwork that came from it. Mostly Proton did that actually.

Softimage also seems like a too weak name for a software. Cause its soft, its a pushover compared to a wave :)

Lightwave on the other hand has an interesting name: Light Wave. Meaning there's a wave of light, in contrast to darkness. As if it gives light to people who have been darkened. And its blue my favorite color. I only wish that the Grids and the area would be open Blue too. And of course Layouts color didnt seem quite right at first too.

Is it me, or are they changing the color of LW9????!!!!

Stooch
03-17-2006, 08:01 AM
those are brilliant reasons, your flawless logic shines like a beacon of light :screwy:

JMYoung
03-17-2006, 10:39 AM
I believe the Phoenix location also offers that program.

DiedonD
03-20-2006, 12:47 AM
those are brilliant reasons, your flawless logic shines like a beacon of light :screwy:

Ahm.....:devil: AS I SAID BEFORE....Those were my INITIAL reasons!!! I dont see why you had to be so sarcastic!!! Cause its not funny :thumbsdow