PDA

View Full Version : LW to UnrealED- Animations?

MHendry
05-20-2003, 11:59 AM
I was just curious if anyone has had any success with Michael Bristols .psa/.psk plug for LW to unreal. I have been able to successfully export .psk's.....and .psa's however the animation coming into UED is not good at all.
Basically, I have no problems actually "using the plug" or exporting from Lightwave. My problem lies in the fact that the animation data is screwy. I have read the documentation several times over so I do not understand what is happening.

Should the character be facing a certain axis in modeler when dropping skelegons in?

Is there anything that the basic documentation from Bristols page lacks or is missing in order to get it to work properly?

I hear a lot of different people recommend this plug yet I wonder how many have used it successfully, because I can not get animation data across cleanly to UED.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help.

Cheers, M

DaveW
05-20-2003, 11:23 PM
Have you tried contacting Mike about it? Or maybe going to one of the game modeling forums like Polycount? Someone there might have experience with the exporter.

fortress
05-21-2003, 06:29 PM
i can yes that me and the mod team i am on use lightwave for all are aniamtions

there are a few things to remeber with micheals plugin

one the bones and model have to be on the same layer,
it has some problems exporting multi models at the same time not always and i havent figured out what causes the crash when doing more then one model at a time.

also it does not export match goal orenitation correctly this is becuase of when lw applies the rot info to the bones that have match goal set.

a very good work around to the match goal problem is to use th motion modifer called oreintation constraint and set it up to mimic match goal.

also facing the z+ axis is the best bet you can also change the rot and scale in ued after you import.

hope that helps and sorry for any spelling mistakes.

http://www.resistanceandliberation.com/

stop by are site and check out some of the shot of are models we will be updating soon with in game shots of the aniamtions.

MHendry
05-24-2003, 10:29 AM
Been away for a while.
Thanks Fortress.