PDA

View Full Version : Official UVNeter Release

kurv
03-14-2006, 04:28 PM
For Immediate Release – March 14, 2006, KURV studios begins distribution and sales of UVNeter, a UV unwrap tool specifically designed for LightWave 3D users. (Demo of UVNeter Attached)

KURV studios is proud to be working with Nitisara das on his revolutionary UV unwrap tool called UVNeter. UVNeter brings better unwrapping, more versatility and most of all, ease of use to the LightWave community. UVNeter is exclusively available through KURV studios and SpinQuad.com for the price of $59.95. The product does require registration and licensing but can be licensed to your LightWave dongle or a Mac address.

Support for this plug-in is available through the KURV studios forums located at www.kurvstudios.com/forum under Programming and Development. You can also view UVNeter in action via video by Larry Shultz here, www.kurvstudios.com/software.php (coming soon).

What are others saying about UVNeter?

William “Proton” Vaughan, “Creating UV’s for my character models has always been very time consuming, more so then actually building the character in most cases. I solved problem areas like ears, nostrils, and eyelids that contain overlapping geometry with external applications before I added UVNeter to my toolkit. UVNeter allows me to stay within LightWave to create my UV’s with the simple two step process and I always get amazing results!”

Larry Shultz, "UV mapping is a powerful tool for getting point accurate placement of textures onto a 3D object. The problem with that power is that point level control can become quite tedious when flattening or unwrapping UV's. UVNeter does a great job of taking a big chunk out of that tedium by automating much of that unwrapping process."

"UVNeter has literally saved me hours of time. I think this is one of those plugins that are a must have for everyone doing 3D work."

About Nitisara das
Nitisara das is a dedicated programmer, who is completely absorbed in 3D Computer Graphics imaging. He participated in several 3D animation projects as Technical Director and programmer.
In 2002 Nitisara was honored to be called as one of the World Best Developers by French PIXEL Magazine.

Currently Nitisara is working as Technical Director and Linear Producer in 26 min 3D animation project - Russian fairytale "Sun, Moon and Black Raven".

About KURV studios
Based in McKinney Texas, KURV studios, LLC is an independent technology training company developing highend 3D training products for artists working in the film industry and students aspiring to film work. KURV studios is rapidly being recognized as the leading video training company specializing in VFX training on LightWave, 3DS Max, Digital Fusion, Photoshop, BodyPaint and more. Founded in 2004, by Wes Beckwith KURV studios has worked with industry leading artists such as Glen Southern, Larry Shultz, Fred Pienkos, Nicholas Boughen, and more. For more information on KURV studios, visit www.kurvstudios.com.

BazC
03-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Looks very cool! Is there going to be a Mac version?

kurv
03-14-2006, 11:02 PM
No Mac version yet... if we get enough interest we will look into it.

lesford
03-15-2006, 11:03 AM
I use both platforms, but don't buy plugins until they work on both. It looks like HD Instance, for example, is very close. I'll be getting it the day it comes out of Beta.

Les Ford

cresshead
03-15-2006, 11:19 AM
would be nice to see a demo video of it in action too:lwicon:

tbcherry
03-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Agreed Les Ford! :agree: I currently work in both also, mainly on the Mac. I saw the announcement and I was ready to try and buy, but until it works on both, it is only half way finished. Hope you can port it soon.

Some other UV unwrap tools that are free do not seem to work on the Mac either. Would be more than willing to pay for one that works

Thanks for all the hard work thus far Kurv!

BazC
03-15-2006, 12:15 PM
No Mac version yet... if we get enough interest we will look into it.

OK Thanks for the info!

kurv
03-16-2006, 08:35 AM
would be nice to see a demo video of it in action too:lwicon:

We will have it up today, currently in edit..

DiedonD
03-17-2006, 06:30 AM
I would love to stay in LW in all matters. SO fa I was thinking about buying Unfold3D for a much higher price. UVNetter seems interesting, cheap and within LW.

All it remains now, is to make an LW plug in like the ona above, but that can work like Photoshop and Premiere or the like :)

Mr Mouse
04-17-2006, 05:41 AM
How will you poll if enough Mac users wish to buy it?

I'd love a mac version.

Yamba
04-17-2006, 06:36 AM
I'll be waiting and watching for the Mac version.
So come on Mac users start hassling!

jasonwestmas
04-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Please make a mac version:D

jasonwestmas
04-17-2006, 11:12 AM
I love OSX, If only it had more 3D support Hmmm. This would be a great addition to that.

Stooch
04-18-2006, 08:07 AM
Agreed Les Ford! :agree: I currently work in both also, mainly on the Mac. I saw the announcement and I was ready to try and buy, but until it works on both, it is only half way finished. Hope you can port it soon.

Some other UV unwrap tools that are free do not seem to work on the Mac either. Would be more than willing to pay for one that works

Thanks for all the hard work thus far Kurv!

Awesome! Cant wait to use it on my PC. pcs rock. macs dont.

jasonwestmas
04-19-2006, 10:51 AM
Do you feel the same way about Windows? Or is PC and Windows the same thing in your vocab?

munky
04-27-2006, 07:47 AM
Hi there,

sign me up for a mac version!

regards

paul

Kurtis
09-12-2006, 05:52 AM
Don't turn this into a PC vs Mac argument, or the thread will be closed.

Kurtis
09-12-2006, 06:47 AM
That would be a valid discussion for a different thread.

SDB Software
09-12-2006, 06:52 AM
I see you have time to post to Newtek's site, but no time for a customer who already gave you his money. Please contact me at [email protected] I want to know when I can expect my copy of Lightwave 9 I ordered from you on 9/1/06, you charged my card on 9/5/06 and then ordered it from Newtek on that date(I got that info from Newtek). You didn't get it till 9/08/06 (also from Newtek). Charging my card before you had the product strikes me as poor business practice.

I post hear because you are ignoring my e-mail and voice mail and paging. Perhaps you could take sometime from your busy day and give me some info!
P.S. not mentioning the upcoming sale price when I called before ordering was real nice touch too. And I don't like paying for three day shipping when it had no chance of getting to me anywhere near on time. Have a nice day!

Kurtis
09-12-2006, 07:07 AM
I see you have time to post to Newtek's site, but no time for a customer who already gave you his money. Please contact me at [email protected] I want to know when I can expect my copy of Lightwave 9 I ordered from you on 9/1/06, you charged my card on 9/5/06 and then ordered it from Newtek on that date(I got that info from Newtek). You didn't get it till 9/08/06 (also from Newtek). Charging my card before you had the product strikes me as poor business practice.

I post hear because you are ignoring my e-mail and voice mail and paging. Perhaps you could take sometime from your busy day and give me some info!
P.S. not mentioning the upcoming sale price when I called before ordering was real nice touch too. And I don't like paying for three day shipping when it had no chance of getting to me anywhere near on time. Have a nice day!

**EDIT**

I apologize if your response was directed to KURV. Since you posted after me, I mistakenly thought you were replying to me. According to your other post (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56661), you purchased from KURV Studios. If you are having an issue obtaining your order from KURV Studios, please contact them directly.

As neverko so ably pointed out, KURV's last post in this thread was on March 15.

Kurtis
09-12-2006, 07:09 AM
lol, it seems that Kurtis did some grave digging to moderate a thread last posted in 04-27-2006, 03:47 PM, if I'm not mistaken :p

Honestly, didn't notice the date when I posted. This thread was reported to the moderators by a forum user this morning. Just responding to that.

kurv
09-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Well when your as busy as Kurtis is, this happens... bottom line here is Kurtis is doing a fantastic job on the forums!

Kudos Kurtis!!! Dont believe the hype!

sculptactive
09-12-2006, 07:23 AM
This thread was well and truely dead until you revived it Kurtis ..he he

Kurtis
09-12-2006, 07:25 AM
Yeah, I guess I need to be a little more careful when responding to reported posts. :help:

SDB Software
09-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Didn't notice the thread date. My bad.

However it did have desired effect, Kurv called (Newtek called him, Thanks!) and said they will ship Lightwave overnight air. He said they were moving to new offices and their phone system was messed up for awhile. I'll give him benifit of doubt and like to thank him for taking care of my situation.

You can consider me chilled now.

parm
09-12-2006, 09:39 AM
So, will there be a UV neter Mac version?