PDA

View Full Version : What Did I Not Save!?!?

art_DA
03-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Used "Crack It" on a logo, brought it into Layout for a print render.
Positioned the "cracked" pieces to look like a broken logo.
I rotated and moved some of the cracked parts so that the logo looked
broken, but still readable. Took awhile to do this, but it looked great.
Went to lunch and saved scene and all objects, closed scene.
Came back and most of the pieces of the logo were all bunched up
together.
Any ideas????

Art

lardbros
03-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Not sure... only possible things i can think of is that you loaded the wrong object/scene. But then, you'd probably know that if you had.

Don't know if you have your HUB saving a backup every 5mins or whatever but if you do, have a look at your backup files to see if it was saved?

art_DA
03-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Well, I have already done it over again and it's almost time to get out of here.
I want to quit LW, but am afraid if I do, I'll have lost the positioning again.
So, what I am really looking for is what to save so that it doesn't happen again.
I guess one can compare it to having a skeleton set up and you don't push "r" to rest the bones at frame 0 and when you come back to it, the whole skeleton is screwed up.

Art

mrunion
03-15-2006, 08:49 AM
When you moved everything did you set keyframes for everything ? That might be the issue. I know if you don't have automatic keyframes on and you move something, sometimes it will go back if you don't set a keyframe -- the only info saved is the "old" position because there was no "new" keyframe position made.

It's worth a shot. Select everything and press <ENTER> -- that should create keyframes for everything.

art_DA
03-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Actually, I did set keys for everything, I may have missed one or two items, but I KNOW I set keys for at least 90% of the elements involved.
This second time around, I had it on auto, so we'll see if that kept the elements from bunching up in the center of the screen.
Thanks man...

art