PDA

View Full Version : Xtray Opinions

Gabman6
02-16-2003, 10:58 PM
I need some opinons and comments on this image i made. I think i've done the best of my abilities (me being 14 and all). So i need some help on how to make this image better, so i could also use this help for future images that i make.

Rory_L
02-17-2003, 02:47 AM
Hello Gabman6!

Looks great! No criticisms, but that you could turn on antialiasing, to get rid of those jaggies.

Love the floor. The faintest of vertical cracks in the walls might help define their position in space a bit more.

You`re not really 14 are you??

R

Rory_L
02-17-2003, 02:53 AM
Oh, but now I think about it...

Are those floor tiles? The specularity of the cracks between them should be lowered. As it is the dark lines look like a pattern in the lino, not like cracks with depth.

Cheers,

R

marvin
02-17-2003, 10:16 AM
Yeah,

bump the tiled floor and also use an alpha mask over the part in between the tiles (grout?). Only the tiles should reflect light like that. The only other thing that looks wrong are the light's themselves, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Oh, and antialiasing would help.

You've done a great job, 14 or older, so far. post an update when you've the time.

marvin

kenmac
02-17-2003, 10:39 AM
I really like the image. The only thing that sticks out to me are the overhead lights. Not sure what it is...
Ken Mac

HowardM
02-17-2003, 01:46 PM
Thats awesome, really, a cool composition....like everyone said , lets see an AA version!

wow, the young punks :) on all of our heels are gonna be LW gods!

...now where are my slippers sonny?

Simon
02-17-2003, 01:58 PM
Nice image!! I second the comment about the floor tiles ... I really like the hazy look of your lighting.

7.62mm
02-17-2003, 09:03 PM
i think the thing about the lights is that they're too bright to be providing the light for that scene. also, you might wanna try corona....

bobakabob
02-19-2003, 04:37 PM
Great work - very atmospheric with excellent lighting. Turn up the antialiasing in the Camera setting to smooth out those jagged edges:) Bevel the tiles ever so slightly to improve the floor texture. What will you be posting ten years from now?? :eek:

DaBo
02-20-2003, 07:40 AM
how to make this image better

Well, add some yellow and red spots. And some smilies :D
Nahh just a joke ;)

If I look on the pic I ask myself WHERE I'm ?
Is that a hotel a hospital or a garage? May add some items...It's very empty there.

The roof lights look strange.

me being 14 and all

AND? Nobody said...sit down and work with LightWave :p
Don't waste all your spare time with LW!!!

Cya.

sparky
02-20-2003, 05:21 PM
nice little hall thing, could use stuff in it. Has a kind of creepy look (to me, anyway), it'd be cool in an animation.

Rory_L
02-20-2003, 06:59 PM
Anyone wanna model a Fox Mulder?:D

R

Gabman6
02-22-2003, 03:00 PM
thx for the replies guys... i havent been able to work on my stuff with school, so it may take some time to touch the project. The corridor will be used for my latest "movie".
Heres an image of weapons gonna be used in the movie, but u might have seen it before: