PDA

View Full Version : About Airbrush

DiedonD
03-14-2006, 06:27 AM
Can anybody tell me how airbrush actually works? They have complicated it to the last degree on the manual and its practically the same words in Content as well.

It sounds interesting alot. It also raizes a question. Why use texture from other software when you can paint it right there in Modeler.

It must have flaws probably, cause I havent ever heard anyone mention anything about it. Whats the deal???!!

Dodgy
03-14-2006, 06:34 AM
The airbrush only works on vertices and vertex maps, not as a texture painter per se. You can use it to paint from one vmap to another (like paint some of the deformation from one morph into the current morph) or just alter the current vmap (like painting colours into a colour vmap).

DiedonD
03-14-2006, 06:39 AM
Optimus, Cant you just paint over a character geometry? And I dont know how to make a simplest spot with a brush

You dont mind me calling you Optimus do you Dodgy, I mean it nicely.

DiedonD
03-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Is there any tutorial, or a guide in how to use the tool. I cant get a smallest paint appear in this method.

Sensei
03-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Make or load geometry, then click "W" at the bottom right of Modeler to set Weight map mode, then click "[none]" and change it to "[new]", new window will show up where you will be asked about newly made weight map, set initial value to 0%.. Make sure that at least perspective view port is in Weight Shade, and try Airbrush on vertices.. You should see how they change weights..