PDA

View Full Version : simpliest font

titane357
03-13-2006, 11:46 PM
I made a very simple dimension tool (it writes dimensions between selected points), it works bad but ok for me....
I'm looking for a very simple font (minimum vertex) like old plotters, just lines.
Anybody ?

lesterfoster
03-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Can you show us a screen shot of your simple dimension tool. I use LW for rapid prototyping & reverse engineering of organic shaped objects. After figuring out the scaling issue with LW and other cad programs, I was successful.

As where I work. We are regulated by Transport Canada, I have to provide dimensions of my models. I have been importing my models into other programs just to check the dimensions. I would rather check my dimensions from within LW.

Just some questions
1) is this a plug-in or a L-script?

2) is it for modeler or layout or both?

3) is it interactive? Meaning can I move the points around and your dimension tool well update automatically, or do I have to re-select the points and reactivate your tool to get a update?

4) Can it do other types of dimensioning? Such as radius and diameter? As well as angles?

5) Can it do X Y dimensioning or Z dimensioning? Or is it just a direct dimension distance from one point to another?

6) What units does it work with? Is it unit specific or can you mix units?

7) can you measure several points at the same time? Meaning these two points and those two points? In other words, More than just one measurement of one object?

I made a very simple dimension tool (it writes dimensions between selected points), it works bad but ok for me....
I'm looking for a very simple font (minimum vertex) like old plotters, just lines.
Anybody ?

Choose Arial or something like that. Any font
Why not pick something more simpler than a font. Like a box or a sphere.:thumbsup: