PDA

View Full Version : Netwerk Render

iluvatar
05-20-2003, 09:36 AM
Hi Guys!!

i've setup a network rendering at the office (i'm the network admin here, so no problem) and i get the output as a .tga for each frame, wich isn't a problem too... but does anyone know a good movie editor wich can put this together into an .avi file? please let me know...

oxygen_77
05-20-2003, 12:32 PM
You can use lightwave to put together your .TGA's into a .avi. Just create a plane in modeler that is the same dimensions as your rendered frames (i.e. 640x480, 600x200, etc.) and then place it in layout so that it takes up the entire view on the camera. Then add the frames you rendered to the texture of the plane as a sequence and render with the output set to .avi.... Viola' a rendered .avi... Hope this helps!

asmith47
05-20-2003, 04:40 PM
What about illumination?

iluvatar
05-21-2003, 03:19 AM
i like the solution, but is there a way to automaticly load the complete sequence of images into the texture? with movies of 1000 frames or more, this will also use too much memory i think... i currently have a "bink / smk" program wich creates movie files in .bik or .smk format, simply by selecting the first frame, and the program adds the others, cause they are all numbered by lightwave, but the .bik / .smk quality is not very good... other solutions maybe? isn't there some program wich does what bik/smk does but with .avi support?

oxygen_77
05-21-2003, 04:53 AM
Lightwave will see all the files in the sequence if they are numbered sequentially and will import them all if you tell it to use a sequence instead of a single image. As for illumination, I put a distance light behind the camera pointing directly at the plane but I could just as easily made the plane have a luminosity of 100% and no other light in the scene. It's quite a cool way to do it and I think Newtek has a tutorial on their website about how to do it.

iluvatar
05-21-2003, 06:59 AM
ok i'll try, thnx!!

asmith47
05-21-2003, 06:56 PM
Thanks as well!

WizCraker
05-21-2003, 08:03 PM
You don't need the plane that is unwanted geometry.

Just load the first image in your sequence [ie filename_001.tga] in the image editor. Change it from still to sequence. Next go to camera change the size to what ever res you rendered to. Click on Scene Tab --> Background, when it pops up put the background as the image sequence. Go to rendering options click the format you want [ie quicktime] change the properties for compression [ie sorenson 3] hit F10 sit back and let it render the frames into the quicktime. you will average 0.1 s/Frame.

If you have a VTR Lightwave can render directly to it.

iluvatar
05-22-2003, 01:07 AM
sounds great! will try today!!

Red_Oddity
05-22-2003, 03:35 AM
Hmmm...Quicktime anyone? (Pro Version)
Any composite package will do aswell...

trentonia
05-22-2003, 08:04 AM
I don't understand. Why don't you just re-render and save as an AVI. It's that simple.

oxygen_77
05-22-2003, 08:06 AM
Trentonia

rerendering could possibly take a looooooong time especially if you have something that takes about 2 minutes a frame and is 5000 frames long. It wouldn't be advisable to rerender the entire thing just to get an avi...

trentonia
05-22-2003, 08:14 AM
Sorry, I didn't stop to think. I usually just render through http://www.respower.com . I don't worry about render times anymore.

WizCraker
05-22-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by oxygen_77
Trentonia

rerendering could possibly take a looooooong time especially if you have something that takes about 2 minutes a frame and is 5000 frames long. It wouldn't be advisable to rerender the entire thing just to get an avi...

Apparently you never rendered out to image sequences. What ever time it takes to render the first time is irrelevant. The rerender to save the image seq to avi or mov takes less than 6 seconds. At least it did on my 2k 7200 frame sequence with my Athlon 900.

oxygen_77
05-23-2003, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by WizCraker
Apparently you never rendered out to image sequences. What ever time it takes to render the first time is irrelevant. The rerender to save the image seq to avi or mov takes less than 6 seconds. At least it did on my 2k 7200 frame sequence with my Athlon 900.

WizCraker,

What exactly are you talking about??? How long did it take to render each frame the first time you did it? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying...