PDA

View Full Version : 10 Problem Points

meatycheesyboy
05-20-2003, 09:10 AM
Hey everyone,

LW is giving me a problem that I've never seen and can't resolve.

I have this head model that I'm working on and I'm having problems with points that won't merge.

The way I'm modelling is by modifying one half, deleting the other half, mirroring, merging points, making changes to one half, deleteing the other half, mirroring, merging points, etc. etc. etc. But there are ten points on the forehead area that I can't get to merge unless manually weld them. Even if I use Set Value with a 0 value on the x axis before mirroring then mirror exactly along the center, they still won't merge even though the points are in the exact same place.

The profile has 54 points total, only the ten give me any trouble and its always the same ten points.

Any thoughts?

garg
05-20-2003, 09:31 AM
Seams to me that yours points are not "REALY" on 0 at the X axis. Try to selct them, and then scale to 0% for the X axis.

Hope this help :confused:

Alain Bertrand

meatycheesyboy
05-20-2003, 11:08 AM
If I hit 'i' and look at the info it shows that each of the ten points are at 0 on the x axis.

garg
05-20-2003, 11:23 AM
Another idea is that you may have double points... try to click on one point and see how many point are selected,

Alain

meatycheesyboy
05-20-2003, 09:12 PM
yes, I do have double points, just as I said and I want them to merge. They're in the exact same location but LW just won't merge the points together unless I weld them.

JulianW
05-21-2003, 02:25 AM
Hi,

do you have an Morph maps on the model?.. if so that could be your problem. If the points are at different positions in one of the morphs then LW won't merge them,

JW.

meatycheesyboy
05-21-2003, 10:15 AM
Julian,

Thanks that was exactly what the problem was. I never even thought to check that thanks.

garg, thank you for your help also.