PDA

View Full Version : can't find plugin?

lilrayray77
03-12-2006, 01:37 PM
I thought I had finally gotten screamernet to work but it doesn't (or at least not well). On the main computer where lw is installed, it runs and saves each image fine. On my nodes though, I get an error saying it can't load a plugin and ends up rendering faster and not saving the image. This seen uses something called "digital confusion" so I wonder if that is the problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Dexter2999
03-12-2006, 07:45 PM
These are the steps as in the manual. Did you remember to change the drive location as mentioned in step 4? The nodes may be looking at the local C drive rather than through the network to the shared folder.

1 On the host, share the drive or drives containing the directories for Windows, LightWave and the LightWave Content Directory. In the steps that follow, we will assume that all three can be found on the same drive.
2 On each node, and on the host, access this shared drive and map it to L:.
3 On the host, open the LWEXT8.cfg file with a text editor like Windows' Notepad. In Windows 2000 and XP the file can be found by default in: DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\[USER] where [USER] is the name you enter when starting a Windows session.
4 In the filepaths for all the plug-in files ending in .P, LS or .LSC, replace the letter indicating the local drive (for instance C:) with the letter of the shared drive L:. For example: C:\\LIGHTWAVE\\PLUGINS\\INPUT-OUTPUT\\TIFF.P becomes L:\\LIGHTWAVE\\PLUGINS\\INPUT-OUTPUT\\TIFF.P. Make sure that you don't change or delete the double backslashes (\\) present in the filepath.
5 Save the config file.

lilrayray77
03-13-2006, 05:29 AM
Yeah that looks like it was the problem. I had the L:\ but it seems as if the file was overwritten and replaced with the c:\ version. thankyou