PDA

View Full Version : RE: Characters with many polygons

simonlion
03-12-2006, 12:09 AM
Hello Ever-one this is the first time I,m posting a message, I,m new to this community, Off-course Like all of you I Love Lightwave, I have one question please:
I bought some lw objects, but some-of them have lots of Polygons, and when I load them it takes time to load,, specially, when I want to move or rotate and so on,,, what do I need to do, so I can have those objects load into Lightwave with less polygon or what I have to do so I can work on them, so they will not be heavy...

Kuzey
03-12-2006, 01:14 AM
You might want to change your viewport settings to wireframe or smooth shading.

If that doesn't help, you might have to reduce the polygons by hand. You could use "bandsaw" but I think it only works on quads.

Also, I think there are 3rd party plugins that might do the job.

best of luck.

Kuzey

simonlion
03-13-2006, 01:36 AM
Thank you very much

lardbros
03-13-2006, 05:37 AM
If all the polygons are triangle, (3 sided polygons) then a free plugin called MergeTrigons will convert them (as best it can) into quads (which are much nicer)

You can find the plugin over at Flay.com in the plugin section have a quick search for it.

Otherwise, use Bandglue (which is what i think Kuzey was supposed to put instead if bandsaw :) )

Titus
03-13-2006, 09:38 AM
There's also a plugin called qemloss included with LW, this program reduces the polygons of your object but maintains the overall shape.

Kuzey
03-14-2006, 02:41 AM
If all the polygons are triangle, (3 sided polygons) then a free plugin called MergeTrigons will convert them (as best it can) into quads (which are much nicer)

You can find the plugin over at Flay.com in the plugin section have a quick search for it.

Otherwise, use Bandglue (which is what i think Kuzey was supposed to put instead if bandsaw :) )

Opps...silly me, Bandglue is the one :D

Is qemloss still in LW8, I haven't had much time to explore it yet.

Kuzey