PDA

View Full Version : Importing objects form LW 6 to the Amiga

tonyvdb
03-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi everyone,

I have LW v6 on my PC but want to use my Video Toaster Flyer system on my Amiga to render some annimation. How do I import a .lwo file made in LW 6 to the Amiga LW v5. When I try to do just that I get a error saying that the file is not of required type and it wont load. I was under the impression that lightwave objects were backwards compatible.

Thanks

Tony

Exception
03-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Hi Tony,
LW 6 introduced a non-backwards compatible file format, called LWO2. You can export objects to LWO1 (lw v5) from modeler, and scenes from layout. Exporting a scene does not convert the objects.

Good luck!

tonyvdb
03-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Thanks for your reply,

I'm a bit confused how do I export from LWO2 to LWO2 I dont seem to be able to find the export tool in LW am I missing something?

Thanks again.

prospector
03-11-2006, 10:49 PM
should be export as LW5 in file menu or under additional.
if not then it's in the mouse menu.

tonyvdb
03-12-2006, 09:08 AM
should be export as LW5 in file menu or under additional.
if not then it's in the mouse menu.
Is this possably a plug-in? as I still can not find it? if it is a plug-in what is it called and where can I find it as I have looked in the plugin folder and I do not see anything labled export or anything close.

beverins
03-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Perhaps not an answer you were looking for, but it might be able to be done with Polytrans 3D to translate the object to an earlier format?

prospector
03-12-2006, 01:11 PM
It's this one, so if you don't see any of those conversions, then it's not loaded, if you do, then the LW5 one is somewhere in a panel

Exception
03-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Is this possably a plug-in? as I still can not find it? if it is a plug-in what is it called and where can I find it as I have looked in the plugin folder and I do not see anything labled export or anything close.

It is a standard Lw tool. Look for the file Prospector has pointed out, scan for plugins if necessary, and it will be under file > Export> Save As LW v5 (or something).

tonyvdb
03-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Thank you guys for your help,

It now works, I found the plug-in and installed it.