PDA

View Full Version : need quicktime help

Al Harmon
03-11-2006, 07:26 AM
I have 2 minutes of stock footage going to Europe and they request DigiBeta PAL, my local post house wants the footage in uncompressed quicktime to convert to the PAL. I have output the footage from T4 and rendered to "Apple None". The resulting file is over 4 gigabites for 2 minutes of video. Is this the correct codec for uncompressed quicktime? Any help would be appreciated. ps: the rendered Apple None plays back really nice with windows media.

mgrusin
03-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Not sure about the Quicktime setting, but the size sounds right to me (Newtek uncompressed RTV is about 80GB/hour).

You could try compressing the resulting file with .zip (uncompressed files do tend to squeeze down a bit), but if it's < 4.5GB, you can just burn it to a DVD and give it to your post house (even sending DVDs by mail is often faster than transmitting that volume of data over the internet).

-MG.

SCS
03-13-2006, 06:45 AM
Apple's 'None' codec will transcode your video into RGB.

I use (available with QT Pro) the 'Component Video' codec - it's also uncompressed and keeps your data in YUV, so the filesize should be 1/3 smaller?

Just an educated guess.