PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Jeremy Hardin / CG Artist

WilliamVaughan
03-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Interview with Jeremy Hardin / CG Artist
A master with Crayola Crayons, Jeremy has had his hands in all sorts of CG cookie jars, ranging from Architecture-Visualization, Music Videos, commercials, and more. Most recently, Hardin has been applying his skills on Steve Oedekerk's Barn Yard due out this year. Cg Focus sat down with Jeremy to find out where he gets his inspiration for his creations, how he got his start, and more.

http://www.cgfocus.com/phproot/profiles/jeremyhardin/profile.php

Twisted_Pixel
03-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Good to see and definately long overdue.

faulknermano
03-11-2006, 12:27 AM
("James Madigan Profile" ??????)

nice interview!

WilliamVaughan
03-11-2006, 08:02 AM
That's being fixed...not sure where it came from

jeremyhardin
03-11-2006, 08:18 PM
@Twisted_Pixel
That's nice of you to say, thanks man.

@lernie
thanks to you too. i keep meaning to say too, nice sig. (Thus the C.S. Lewis mention in the interview :D )

krimpr
03-12-2006, 07:00 AM
Great interview! Much respect to you Jeremy for embracing what you enjoy doing and making it happen on a professional level. Very cool.

jeremyhardin
03-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Thanks krimpr!

Of note, it seems to have been fixed. I'm not James Madigan any more! And page 6 works! :D

Thanks Proton.

faulknermano
03-13-2006, 10:15 AM
@Twisted_Pixel
That's nice of you to say, thanks man.

@lernie
thanks to you too. i keep meaning to say too, nice sig. (Thus the C.S. Lewis mention in the interview :D )

actually i was pleasantly surprised to see mention lewis. ;):thumbsup: may i trouble you with asking what lewis book you like most? :)

jeremyhardin
03-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Tied for 1: Till we have faces & Mere Christianity
2: Narnia series
3: Screwtape letters

The 'Out of the Silent Planet' books never held me, but Lewis himself intrigues me to no end. A bit of a fan, I am. And me and Lewis share the same birthday. I tell myself that means something. ;)

faulknermano
03-13-2006, 11:15 AM

unbelievable. and i thought only me and my fiancee thought "til we have faces" was his greatest work. i read 'paleface' in one day, totally hooked. i started in the morning, then i looked up: and it was dark. :)

mere christianity is great, though among his more philosophical / apologetic work i like "the abolition of man" best (for some reason). mere christianity would probably follow after that.

I tell myself that means something

hehe.... i feel the same way about william faulkner's "light in august."

my fiancee bought "jack" (the biography) yesterday. she's yet to finish it so i can start reading it myself. :D

AbnRanger
03-13-2006, 06:16 PM
2: Narnia series
3: Screwtape letters

The 'Out of the Silent Planet' books never held me, but Lewis himself intrigues me to no end. A bit of a fan, I am. And me and Lewis share the same birthday. I tell myself that means something. ;)Have you ever thought about the prospect of making a short movie based on Screwtape Letters or Randy Alcorn's "Lord Foulgrin's Letters?" I bet, if done right, it would really catch some folks attention...

jeremyhardin
03-13-2006, 06:37 PM
@bryphi77
Thanks man. I appreciate that. :thumbsup:

@AbnRanger
Screwtape letters has spawned a bit of thought, but I have other more pressing ideas. ;)