PDA

View Full Version : Free trial Lightwave 8

Ghazal
03-10-2006, 03:37 AM
Hi everybody,

I'm a multimedia student and I have 3D visualisation unit in this semester. So, I need to have lightwave 8 at home now. I didn't find any free trial version in the net. Does anybody know where I can find it?

Cheers,

Ghazal

pixelinfected
03-10-2006, 05:33 AM
if you ask to newtek they probably can send you demo cd.

Ghazal
03-11-2006, 03:16 AM
Good advice Mad Scientist! Thanks.
I saw your website. It's true, I can see the traces of madness in your works.
I like your website and hope to see your Tech Corner soon.

pauland
03-11-2006, 03:32 AM
If you're planning to do work at home using the demo, you'll probably be dissappointed. The demo is restricted so you can play, but don't expect to be able to do your coursework at home with it.

pixelinfected
03-11-2006, 04:58 AM
Good advice Mad Scientist! Thanks.
I saw your website. It's true, I can see the traces of madness in your works.
I like your website and hope to see your Tech Corner soon.
i'm glade that you like it, as soon as possible i upload new web site, more rich and complete than actual.
thanks

new demo of lw9 will be a time limited demo, but full, in the new faq of newtek you can see that.

anyway if you like it, you can ask for student version, which less expansive than full, and is perfectly full, you are limited only on not commercial use. and if you want to move on commercial license, exist a student to commercial update, that is possible with a good price. newtek do a good commercial policy.

good luck and nice day

Ghazal
03-11-2006, 05:53 AM
If you're planning to do work at home using the demo, you'll probably be dissappointed. The demo is restricted so you can play, but don't expect to be able to do your coursework at home with it.

You are right. However, I downloaded your signature, namely, lightwave 7 demo. It is helpful for me to get familiar with the environment and playing around. Thank you.

Ghazal
03-11-2006, 06:05 AM
i'm glade that you like it, as soon as possible i upload new web site, more rich and complete than actual.
thanks

new demo of lw9 will be a time limited demo, but full, in the new faq of newtek you can see that.

anyway if you like it, you can ask for student version, which less expansive than full, and is perfectly full, you are limited only on not commercial use. and if you want to move on commercial license, exist a student to commercial update, that is possible with a good price. newtek do a good commercial policy.

good luck and nice day

I searched in the Faq Database, but I didn't see anything about lw9 demo. I'm wondering if "new faq" that you mentioned is another faq in newtek website?

Have nice moments with LW!

TomR
03-11-2006, 05:17 PM
I think it's in the LW 9 FAQ .... yeap, here it is :)
Hope it helps :P

Will there be a LightWave v9 demo version available via download?
Yes. Once we have completed the release of LightWave v9, we plan to make a downloadable demo version available. Unlike previous LightWave 3D demos, this version will be time-limited, rather than feature limited, allowing those interested in taking LightWave 3D for a test drive to realize the full potential of the application. More details of this new offering will be posted as they are made available.

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw9_faq.php

Ghazal
03-12-2006, 10:49 AM
I think it's in the LW 9 FAQ .... yeap, here it is :)
Hope it helps :P

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw9_faq.php

Oh, yes, Thank you TomR. I should empower my searching skills in the net!
It seems that I should wait for LW 9 demo to be put in the site. Till then, I'm trying to find LW8 demo.:)

pauland
03-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Till then, I'm trying to find LW8 demo.:)

Apparently you can get one on request from Newtek. It's not available as a download.

Paul

Ghazal
03-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Apparently you can get one on request from Newtek. It's not available as a download.

Paul

Yes, at last I sent an email to newtek for demo. It was the first suggestion that Carlo gave me but I did it tonight!!
It's strange for me that why free stuff are not available in the net for download and you must ask for them from the company!

pauland
03-13-2006, 09:55 AM
It's strange for me that why free stuff are not available in the net for download and you must ask for them from the company!

One or two others (massive understatement) have made the same comment. From what's been said, I think Newtek look like fixing that with a useful LW9 demo. Time will tell..

pixelinfected
03-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Lw9 is a corner stone of big changment and i'm sure that NewTek change a lot of things, they develop a big change and i think demo will be part of this changment, before to lw9 demo was a limited version of software, now they change to a full blown of power with a time limited demo for future lw9.

Ghazal
03-14-2006, 07:34 AM
I got an email from newtek today. They will send me LW8 demo CD.
Thank you very much Mad Doctor, LW Watcher and TomR for giving your time to guide me.

Have great times!

pauland
03-14-2006, 10:31 AM
Good News - good luck with the demo.

sam_yd
10-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Hi everybody,

I'm a multimedia student and I have 3D visualisation unit in this semester. So, I need to have lightwave 8 at home now. I didn't find any free trial version in the net. Does anybody know where I can find it?
Cheers,

Ghazal

plz tell me.
how can i get it.

pauland
10-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Interesting question - Newtek were supposed to be sorting out a demo of LW9 and there was a lot of fuss a mere seven months ago about being easily able to request a demo on the website - all for nothing, it seems. Try one of the contact pages and ask them for a demo - don't expect to do much real work with a LW8 demo though. Good luck

Phil
11-13-2006, 06:22 AM
The demo of LW '9' will surface once 9.2 is finalised. Much of the delay has apparently been in putting together learning material. 7 months is a long time to take to put learning material together for a 30 day demo, but I'm hoping the delay will be worth it.

However, all is not lost. The quick approach to getting a demo of LW 9 is apparently to register at register.newtek.com, even though you have no product to register. LW 9 then appears in the downloads list for you.