PDA

View Full Version : LightWave v9 Video - Flatten Tool

Brian Arndt
03-08-2006, 02:42 PM
There is a new video showing features of LightWave v9 out!
Modeler: Flatten Tool
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw9_demos.php

KillMe
03-08-2006, 02:44 PM
heh jsut found this one on the ftp not 2 secs ago was jsut about to check the videos page to see if i had jsut missed it or if it was new =)

walfridson
03-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Nice tool :)
Big download...

fyborg_1138
03-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Yes. Big download is right. Even with DSL, I almost fell asleep waiting for the download to finish (that and its almost midnight here anyway...zzzzz...head drops on the keyboard. I've noticed that the file sizes on video demos appear to gradually get larger and larger over time. As they get increasingly larger, I become less inclined to save them to my hard drive for future reference or wait for the downloads to finish before moving on to something else. Hmmm. Mabe if I burned them to DVD to keep them available for review, but not on the hard drive. Yeah! Yeah! that's the ticket!

Nemoid
03-08-2006, 11:49 PM
yeah, the movie was very good. the tool too, BTW, but vid was way huge to doewnload!!
i appreciate the efforts, but what about using winrar(it makes better zip than winzip) and stuffit to compress vids a bit? it takes nothing and dimensions becomes alot smaller.:agree:

RedBull
03-09-2006, 01:05 AM
I don't know why NT are not using WMV....
When it comes to compression/quality it's definately one of the best.

As for Rar, rar is a better format, but really the difference between .zip or rar
file size would be minimal at best on most video stuff.

walfridson
03-09-2006, 01:28 AM
Hrm... Think quicktime is the way to go for this kind of videos... If you want sharp quality which I think is important.

Some of these new tools and features could be explained with some text and pictures. Modem users can't even see this stuff...

mav3rick
03-09-2006, 02:49 AM
they should use WMV and .mov
although latly most of MAC OSX users can look wmv by default....

Nemoid
03-09-2006, 03:37 AM
yeah quicktime is the right format. i think that optimized QT compressed with winzip and stuffit should do the work

JBT27
03-11-2006, 02:53 AM
Yes. Big download is right. Even with DSL, I almost fell asleep waiting for the download to finish (that and its almost midnight here anyway...zzzzz...head drops on the keyboard. I've noticed that the file sizes on video demos appear to gradually get larger and larger over time. As they get increasingly larger, I become less inclined to save them to my hard drive for future reference or wait for the downloads to finish before moving on to something else. Hmmm. Mabe if I burned them to DVD to keep them available for review, but not on the hard drive. Yeah! Yeah! that's the ticket!

Depends how many of these movies you want to keep, but we use a small HD in an external case to save stuff like this, tutorials, patches, videos, etc.

Julian.

metahumanity
03-11-2006, 07:03 AM
This reminds me a lot of the Null optons video.

Where are the Surface baking camera videos? Where are the renderspeed comparisons? Where are the layout modelling videos? Where are the Edge weight demonstrations...in layout?

Even with development concentrating on issues invisible to the user, there are already enough new things that are really important.

Flatten? Come on...

walfridson
03-11-2006, 07:28 AM
Where are the Surface baking camera
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw9_demos.php
Right there ;)

But yea, have to agree. Some of these videos are a bit... ok..

ShawnStovall
03-11-2006, 09:16 AM
I think they shold export the videos in differant formats for people who run differant programs. There should be a page with the videos in multipal formats. For exampel:

:video:
.mov
.avi
.wmv
.mpg
.mov
.avi
.wmv
.mpg

WilliamVaughan
03-11-2006, 10:57 AM
I think they shold export the videos in differant formats for people who run differant programs. There should be a page with the videos in multipal formats. For exampel:

.mov
.avi
.wmv
.mpg
.mov
.avi
.wmv
.mpg

That would take an amazing amount of space to have each video in all of those formats....doubt that will ever happen

ShawnStovall
03-11-2006, 08:15 PM
I supose you're right.:stumped:

cresshead
03-11-2006, 09:23 PM
the main thing to reduce video file size is he audio compression options....

keep it mono an 32k.....will make your vid much smaller...and either use mov or just keep the techsmith encoded avi's....

mov's mean that mac users will be fine and mov means you can scrub thru the video...wmv files don' scrub very well....

:lwicon: