PDA

View Full Version : Anybody out there?

psjohn
05-19-2003, 08:33 PM
I am looking to see how many people are around the Wichita, KS area using VideoToaster or know of someone who is. I am the technical director of a church which has two VT2's and one is brand new, also have a Toaster Flyer that is still used in production weekly on the Amiga platform. I am looking to just connect with others in the area. Our children's minister is the one who has got me hooked on Toaster and now have gotten fairly well with it, but there are always others out there.

Perry Johnson
Technical Director
Riverlawn Christian Church

Riverlawn Website (http://www.riverlawn.org)

Kurt_Henning
05-19-2003, 10:16 PM
Hey Perry

We are in Lawrence, Kansas

We gig about 4-6 times a year at century II with IMAG, closed curcuit and t2 switching.

What do you need help with?

regards, fellow Kansan

Look out for them there tornadoes

psjohn
05-20-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Kurt_Henning
Hey Perry

We are in Lawrence, Kansas

We gig about 4-6 times a year at century II with IMAG, closed curcuit and t2 switching.

What do you need help with?

regards, fellow Kansan

Look out for them there tornadoes

I am not so much looking for help as I am looking for a community. It is always good to know who is near and experiencing some of the same "Culture". We are a church, but Ed our children's minister has been involved with Newtek products for a l o n g time. I know of a few people now due to Wink AV. Thanks for the mail Wink. I just hope to build a group to share tips and tricks.

Kurt_Henning
05-20-2003, 10:51 PM
though I do not do "church programming," I have done many promos for churches (historical pieces).

The t2 should be a blast to do a live switch. Hook up a bunch of unmanned cameras like

1. choir director cam
2. back of the church cam
3. hidden in the back of the church cam
4. floorcam
5. wide shot of preacher
6. wide shot 2 of preacher
7. congregation reaction cam

then I guess you do need an operator.

Myself, I could have a blast on sunday mornings with a t2, lots of cams, and a single operator and make it look GRAND

RU guys gonna webcast? I saw your website, but it doesn't seem like you ahfve got that far.

what is the childrens thing you are working on?

psjohn
05-22-2003, 06:26 AM
though I do not do "church programming," I have done many promos for churches (historical pieces).

The t2 should be a blast to do a live switch. Hook up a bunch of unmanned cameras like

1. choir director cam
2. back of the church cam
3. hidden in the back of the church cam
4. floorcam
5. wide shot of preacher
6. wide shot 2 of preacher
7. congregation reaction cam

then I guess you do need an operator.

Myself, I could have a blast on sunday mornings with a t2, lots of cams, and a single operator and make it look GRAND

RU guys gonna webcast? I saw your website, but it doesn't seem like you ahfve got that far.

what is the childrens thing you are working on?

The website is brand new, maening look, the old site was very busy but ugly. The site being built one piece at a time slowly, the reason - volunteers - I am teaching our webteam Dreamweaver MX in return for them to build and maintain the site. We have just started but I wanted at least some info up while we do that. We will be doing streaming, but not yet. We are under a major expansion project and the new server room is being built. As far as tech goes in a church, we are not the most technical, but in our area, we are up there. We have 5 different worship services going on for the kids while the adults are doing their things and they use alot of A/V . Our children's minister is the guy who got me into Toaster to begin with. We are here at the Inspiration Conference and Paul Lara has asked to keep in touch to do a profile, so keep your eyes open for that, and we did an interview with Technologies For Worship Magazine which will be streaming from there website www.tfwm.com in about 4 months.

Kurt_Henning
05-22-2003, 08:34 AM
you guys seem like good candidates for the genesis product

psjohn
05-24-2003, 07:48 AM
you guys seem like good candidates for the genesis product

I have looked at the Genisis here at inspiration conference and it is nice, but I am a Toaster Person and need the "Gadgets", however I do see a great use for my lay people who do not work with the Toaster on a daily basis. Hey Paul, what a service to those churches using Toaster to maybe bundle the Genisis skin so they have an option to choose from.:D

Paul Lara
05-24-2003, 10:03 AM
Not a bad idea. ;)