PDA

View Full Version : New LightWave v9 Video: Node Editor 2D Procedural Textures

Marvin Miller
03-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Today we have Node Editor: 2D Procedural Textures.

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw9_demos.php

moc
03-08-2006, 01:33 AM
I've seen it.
And I found the render process UI were different with us...
and it showed more info there..
I wonder is it a render processing bar (the orange block show..)?

Wickster
03-08-2006, 02:07 AM
Sharp eye, must be another 9.0 feature.

Cougar12dk
03-08-2006, 02:11 AM
Well, I don't have that bar :(...........mind you, it'd be nice to have it, if it is a rendertime indicator (although it'd be kinda hard to predict/estimate rendering time (I think)).

ufo3d
03-08-2006, 02:17 AM
great, we can apply procedural texture to UV map.
nice render status bar, but it is quite disorderly.

btw, it would be good if we have a pause button on the render status panel.

Pavlov
03-08-2006, 06:18 AM
ok, these are interesting movies, thanks a lot.
Have a long way to get over this Nodal, hope you'll put a lot of presets in final release

Paolo

starbase1
03-08-2006, 07:23 AM
Yes, TONS of presets please! You can't have too many!

I can tell that it is seriously powerful - but right now all that linking means very little to me. And I suspect even when I understand the mechanism, there will be a lot more difficulties in knowing when to use the various shading models, and the trade offs between realism and render times.

The guys developing it have clearly put a huge amount of effort in, and must have come up with all sorts of surfaces to check its power, access to these wiould be a HUGE help in getting started fast.

Particularly for surface effects that were not possible easily in LW8, e.g. SSS surfaces, reaslistic skin.

Hmmm...

Perhaps we also need Preset Central to spring to life, (in something like it's old form, ie with presets!)

Nick

walfridson
03-08-2006, 07:56 AM
If it work nicely with opengl this will be sooo super-duper :)

benhaines
03-08-2006, 08:15 AM
We are currently working on Presetcentral.com and it will be back shortly WITH presets this time and completely compatible with LW9 :)

For questions or comments email me [email protected]

I should add that we are pre-populating the DB at the moment. If any of you talented artists fancy helping out we'd be very grateful.

Regards, Ben

Cougar12dk
03-08-2006, 08:17 AM
Awesome news Ben :D. Will be looking forward to that. Give us shout when it's up, won't you?

-EsHrA-
03-08-2006, 11:23 AM
great news ben and nice vid.

yeh.. preset browsing is fun!

:)

mlon