PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone got BodyPaint to work? I can't!

moth0027
05-19-2003, 01:45 PM
I have had bodypaint 3D for quite a while now and have not been able to get it to work properly.

Basically the problem is once I have added the plugins to Modeler or Lightwave, loading any type of image to the Image Editor/Surface Editor causes an unexpected quit.

I have e-mailed the technical help people at MAXON but they seemed to give up on me after two emails and not being able solve the problem. I tryed to remove third party plugins, a clean install of Lightwave and even on my new computer with very little else installed to eliminate as many possible conflicts.

The problem has spanned Lightwave 7.5 to 7.5c, Mac OS 10.2 to 10.2.6 and two computers (G4 450Mhz DP and a G4 1.42Ghz DP)

Has anyone had this problem?...It would be good to hear from people even if you havn't solved the problem yet, just so I know I am not the only one. Thanks

Beamtracer
05-19-2003, 03:19 PM
I bought it a couple of years ago, but now it sits idle. At the time, the plugin that integrated BP to LW didn't work in OSX. So, I let it go and didn't return to it.

However... that was a while ago. Maxon may have got it working by now, I don't know. There's always the manual method to reapply the textures back to the LW object. I didn't try it but it should work.

I've seen some good reviews of BodyPaint. I is probably really good if it works. Maybe they have a demo version so you can test if that plugin is working again.

archiea
05-19-2003, 11:22 PM
Oh yeah, and beam, you forgot, again, to mention rogue nations, racist dictators, ethnic cleansing, wholesale ignorance, lack of civil liberties, hate, enforced ignorance, FAWKING RELIGION (which has caused more deaths in human history), beareucratic UN, greed, suicide bombers and terrorism to name a few to your tree hugging, crying liberal signature that you seem to insist on cramming down our throats... as some blanket answer to a more humanitarian world.

Why don't you just have a sig that says "close minded, oneside, naive ignorance" to sum up your viewpoint.

I didn't vote for Bush, and my viewpoints of the war are split. But thats really nobody's business here in the forum taling about a 3D texture painter...

toby
05-20-2003, 12:04 AM
You start a thread soley for a joke like "hot throbbing" (which could easily offend someone) or "I got LW8", but a signature, which is so commonly used to express an opinion, merely says "stop the killing", and YOU'RE offended?

Please.

Beamtracer
05-20-2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by moth0027
I have e-mailed the technical help people at MAXON but they seemed to give up on me after two emails and not being able solve the problem.

Maxon technical support gave up on me too. 'Moth', I assume you're familiar with Maxon's technical forum, Send Up The Flares...
http://www.senduptheflares.com/

I'm a bit sceptical that the BodyPaint to Lightwave plugin ever worked. At least I know I'm not the only one who has had BodyPaint sitting around idle for a long time. I've had too many other software packages + Lightwave to play with so I haven't had time to return to it.

One day.

moth0027
05-20-2003, 05:36 AM
I didn't know about "Send Up The Flares". I'll give it a go and see what I can find out.

I was annoyed when I bought BodyPaint 3D at a Computer Arts show in London. I was promised by several of the Maxon staff that all the problems had been sorted out with the Mac version. I felt like I had been conned into buying their software.

Once you install it you feel that you can't return it and you should work through the problems but if the problem is 'crash' with the plugin. 'No crash' when you uninstall it, you do just that and it just sits on your shelf gathering dust.

Anyway, good to know I'm not the only one.

moth0027
05-20-2003, 06:04 AM
Hey Beamtracer,

Couldn't find anything on the LW exchange plugin on "Send Up The Flares" post-Jan2002 where they advertised a new plugin for MacOSX in the plug-ins cafe. This is the definatelly the one I have...

...Looks like they havn't tried to fix or update the plugin in over a year.

archiea
05-22-2003, 12:06 AM
Toby,

In a word: Puh-lease!

To elaborate, my threads were posted for giggles. You want to get offended and sound off, be my guest.

What beam is posting is NOT stop the killing. What he is posting is clearly a onesided (byproducts of us weaponry) statement insinuating that its soley the US that is doing all of the killing.

this is in no way, in any form, saying anything remotely accurate to your paraphrasing it as stop the killing.

And to be bombarded with it on every post is a bit in your face.

Whereas my "offending" threads can be so much more easily ignored....

lord
05-22-2003, 01:32 AM
Archiea, consider yourself ignored.

namji
05-22-2003, 09:00 AM
i also use maxxon body paint but i have not had any unexpected shutdowns i usually save my files out as *.tif bucause for some reason my version of lightwave likes *.tif(s) the only prob i had was with the inverted UV(s) coming from lightwave to Maxxon but i quickly got over that over all its actually a cool program to use

mattc
05-22-2003, 01:42 PM
Maxon posted a note on CGtalk looking for beta testers for Bodypaint for LW.

Regards
Matt