PDA

View Full Version : A student in need of an expert's help

VagrantDesigner
03-06-2006, 01:50 PM
hello everyone.

i am a college student working on a lightwave final project. My project is a simple one. I have made a medievil style hall with a thone on the end and i'm going to have the camera just kind of walk down it and sit on the throne.

My problem
the main catch of this project is that i was planning on putting volumetric fire into the torches on the hall way walls (6 torches 3 on each side) my problem is that i can only get the fire to work properly for a bout 3-4 seconds and i need it to last the full 30 seconds of my scene. I need to know if there is any way i can either A. make the flame render the entire 900 frames or B. repeat the few seconds i have.

There is a deadline on this project so if anyone has an idea please respond to this post or email me at [email protected]

thanks again for all your help now and in the future.

Joseph Holman

Gettarobox
03-06-2006, 02:01 PM
you might wanna open up the help section on particles. i think you are probably overlooking some of the settings, such as life and particle limit etc...
i think you could probably skim through the help and figure out how to fix it in the same amount of time or less that you wait for help from someone else.
just my opinion though.

good luck.

lion111
03-06-2006, 02:23 PM
i think may be its something with your envelope settings for the procedural tex

course you know this tut here if not i think it might help

http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/specialfx/volumetric_fire/volumetric_fire.html

good luck

VagrantDesigner
03-06-2006, 04:18 PM
yeah thats actually the tutorial i am working with what would you do?

lion111
03-06-2006, 04:44 PM
somewhere it says:

"so set an envelope on the Z position with a key at frame 60 and a value of 10m."

i am not sure but i would change the settings from frame 60 to wherever you want it and the value of 10 in the same value like the frame
lets say frame 600 so value 100m
like i said not sure but if you try what could possibly happen

good luck